airtraffic

Author Topic: End of IND/ZID  (Read 22191 times)

Offline IndyTower

End of IND/ZID
« on: October 11, 2006, 03:13:27 PM »
Hey guys,

I mentioned a while back I may be moving to Philly for a job at PHL.  Due to a family situation, I decided to stay in Indy a couple years.  However, things have changed, and I have accepted a job at PHL.  Therefore, the IND and ZID feeds will be no more. 

I realize neither have been up for quite some time, mostly due to the fact I've been incredibly busy due to the family situation.  I do apoligize for that.  The company I'm working for has a location at IND, so I will look into getting a new feed set up.  Don't want to get anyone to excited (including myself), so no promises.  I'll miss listening to it myself if I can't get a new one set up.  But for now, I'll try to keep IND up for a while.  Within a couple weeks though, I'll be headed out of here.

I will see what kind of reception I get from my place in Philly when I get there (when I find a place).  It may be possible I can set something up from my office, but PHL is pretty covered as it is.  Maybe splitting the final from the app/dept or a center feed would be possible.  Again, depends on what sounds good.

Thanks for the support while I did run Indy.  I enjoyed being able to provide the service and appreciated the thanks and compliments I got. 

Matt

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: End of IND/ZID
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »
Hey Matt,

Congratulations on your new job and I wish you the best of luck.  We will surely miss the IND/ZID feed, but hope you are able to set-up a new feed sometime in the future.

Regards,
Jason

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:38:13 PM »
Matt-

Thanks for your incredible and continued participation in the LiveATC community and for your dedication to all the listeners through providing the KIND feeds! 

Have fun in Philly, hope the family situation continues to stay under control, and enjoy your new job.  I grew up in Philly so if you need any tips shoot me an email.

Dave

Offline Olivia

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:19:19 PM »
Hi Matt-
  I listened to the Indy feeds a lot while they were up; thanks for providing them.  Good luck in PHL!

Offline MIAMIATC

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 08:04:07 PM »
Ditto Matt

Thanks for great listening in ZID !!!!!!!!!! Will miss it dearly. But hopefully the tag team of You and PHLAPPROACH will provide excellent listening times here in the NE Corridor

Offline KPryor

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »
Congratulations on the new job Matt!  I've really appreciated the IND feed, so thanks for providing many hours of it for me to listen to.
KP

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 08:22:17 AM »
K I left the desktop in Indy with a scanner hooked up so it'll be up a couple more weeks.  I'm getting into Philly today armed with my new laptop and another Pro-94.  I'll see what I can pick up when I get into town.  I'll be right at PHL in a hotel for 2 weeks, so maybe I'll get an experimental feed going for a couple weeks.  Maybe try some ground, ramp tower, or split up the tower or final or somethin and switch around just for fun.

Matt

Offline LORm

• blue ball machines are fun.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 09:22:29 PM »
Cast my vote for ground, if ya can get good reception.  :mrgreen:

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 10:13:12 PM »
Cast my vote for ground, if ya can get good reception.  :mrgreen:

Philly really does not have complex ground operations by any stretch of the imagination. It's just the same stuff over and over again on both operations. I would say a North Arrival/South Arrival combo only would be solid. See ya tomorrow Matt  :-)

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 10:59:14 PM »
Haha nice avatar Ed.  Looks very familiar after driving around town today.

I'll mess around with the freqs some in the next week or so and see what sounds best.  From what I hear on tower most aircraft go straight from local to ramp control, so I can see what you mean about ground.  I haven't had much time to mess listen to much as right now there seems to be some stuff combined and not a whole lot of arrivals, so not real representative of how it is when it's busy around here.

Will mess with it...catch ya tomorrow Ed.

Offline crab453

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »
Congrats on your new job! I moved here from PHL a year ago, and I do miss it   :-(

If nobody has plans to take the IND feed over, I would love to. I'm building a house and I literally wired it to do exactly this if I ever could someday. My utility room has its very own Belden 9913 run to it so I can set up scanners and a computer somewhere out of the way. It'll be done sometime late August, so I should be ready early fall.

I'm currently shopping for equipment, so any antenna (directional preferrably), filter, or amp type suggestions are appreciated. I'll be glad to contribute if I can.  :-)

-Cory

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 12:32:32 AM »
Congrats on your new job! I moved here from PHL a year ago, and I do miss it   :-(

If nobody has plans to take the IND feed over, I would love to. I'm building a house and I literally wired it to do exactly this if I ever could someday. My utility room has its very own Belden 9913 run to it so I can set up scanners and a computer somewhere out of the way. It'll be done sometime late August, so I should be ready early fall.

I'm currently shopping for equipment, so any antenna (directional preferrably), filter, or amp type suggestions are appreciated. I'll be glad to contribute if I can.  :-)

-Cory

Matt moved back to Indy around the end of March. Apparently didn't like Philly too much. But can I blame him. One of the greatest things he had said while he was here.

"At anytime in Center City, you can smell one of three things. Cigarettes, Urine or Cheesesteaks"

Another good one:

Fiance
"What's that smell?"

Matt
"Philadelphia"

Offline tyketto

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 02:43:08 AM »

-Cory

Matt moved back to Indy around the end of March. Apparently didn't like Philly too much. But can I blame him. One of the greatest things he had said while he was here.

"At anytime in Center City, you can smell one of three things. Cigarettes, Urine or Cheesesteaks"

Another good one:

Fiance
"What's that smell?"

Matt
"Philadelphia"

Not to take this offtopic, but you're right!

I remember when I was there for training for the DoD job I had at the time.. every other corner had a kiosk with some guy cooking up cheesesteaks, everyone smoking all over the place, and that mall downtown was the pits.. I'm glad my hotel was over in Jersey (Moorestown/Cherry Hill/Marlton)..

You knew it was bad when you could smell the cheesesteaks being made in Philly from Rutgers Univ. and Collingwood!

BL.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »
Nice post Ed.  ;)  Yes, I am back in Indy, and as of a couple days ago I decided to buy my parents house (where I ran the IND/ZID feeds during my time at Purdue).  It's about 3 miles north of the field.  However, there is lots of work that needs to be done before I will have my extra machines up and running.  In the meantime, I'm looking into the possibility of getting the feeds set up on the field itself as that's where I work.  I'm hoping I can find some extra scanners somewhere as at the time most of my money needs to go towards the house.

Alas, my priority right now for both my time and money is fixing the house up.  As much as I want them up, it's just something that won't be possible until my mother has moved out (late June), the lady and I are moved in, and some renovations are done.  Stay tuned.

Matt

Gecko1

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
Good luck at PHL! Thanks for the wonderful feed.

Offline crab453

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 11:56:14 PM »
What do you do on the field?

-Cory

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 12:38:31 PM »
I'm with Signature Flight Support.

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 04:40:54 PM »
Well folks I have IND up again and will try to keep it up as best as possible.  Still renovating the house, (will be for years), so it may be up and down some because of that.  I'm not longer working on the field as I decided to do something I enjoy until I start at ZID sometime in the next year, but I would like to try to find a location on the field to set up something.  Also am trying to collaborate with someone else on the board with getting up a few feeds.

Sorry I haven't updated in so long!

Matt

Offline IndyTower

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 12:23:22 AM »
Internet is down as I screwed up the phone line...should have it fixed and IND back up early in the week.