Author Topic: EINN will be off  (Read 7737 times)

Offline Shannon_App_121.40

• http://www.shannonairportenthusiasts.net
EINN will be off
« on: July 24, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »
Will be off from tommorow til 2 August.

Re: EINN will be off
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »
Back up and running again

Offline jonh oreilly

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:23 AM »
The Shannon feed is down again.The feed is intermittent to say the least.It is up maybe once a week for half an hour and gone again and when it is up its not working right.I think the feed sould be removed and a new feed set up.If you are going to provide a feed I think you sould provide a listenable feed.

Thanks
John O Reilly

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 08:04:52 PM »
The Shannon feed is down again.The feed is intermittent to say the least.It is up maybe once a week for half an hour and gone again and when it is up its not working right.I think the feed sould be removed and a new feed set up.If you are going to provide a feed I think you sould provide a listenable feed.

Thanks
John O Reilly

We try to cultivate stable and listenable feeds.  And I think we do a pretty good job of that.  Where possible, especially in major areas, LiveATC sets up and manages the feeds.  I have many years of experience doing this in similar applications.

The majority of the listeners here donate/pay nothing.  And those seem to be the most vocal when something goes wrong or a feed is not the best.  That is, no financial donation to help set up the stable and listenable feeds, etc. 

We have a fantastic group of volunteers here who help us provide a valuable service to the aviation community - pissing on them doesn't really help the cause.

You are entitled to your opinion, John.  But it won't help bring a better feed for Shannon, I'm afraid.

Dave

Offline barrym

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:12 AM »
The majority of the listeners here donate/pay nothing.  And those seem to be the most vocal when something goes wrong or a feed is not the best.  That is, no financial donation to help set up the stable and listenable feeds, etc. 

We have a fantastic group of volunteers here who help us provide a valuable service to the aviation community - pissing on them doesn't really help the cause.

You are entitled to your opinion, John.  But it won't help bring a better feed for Shannon, I'm afraid.

Well said, I am familiar with broadband etc., in Ireland and, given the ridiculous costs involved I am eternally grateful to all volunteers, especially the new EICK one.....

It might be useful to republish the donation info....

Bye, Barry

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 07:06:17 AM »

Thanks
John O Reilly

I've only seen this now.

You obviously dont have any idea the work that goes into maintaining this feed, and Ive said time and time again the feed is NOT 24  hour operational etc. Hence when you wanted to go listen to it at 7am it would have been "down again". Furthermore, there must be something wrong at your end if it is "only up for half an hour" once a week. Its on daily- with obviously various hours.

It costs me alot of money to maintain this feed and given that I'm unemployed at the moment, you really expect me to have it on all the time?

Just to keep you happy I can remove the feed altogether, and there would be no Shannon feed as there are no other willing volunteers at the moment near Shannon. So I would stop complaining if I were you, because the amount of whingy complaints I get really make me reconsider everytime why I bother providing the feed for the little thanks I get.  :-(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 07:07:55 AM by Shannon_App_121.40 »