Author Topic: Eastern Airlines, well sort of  (Read 2613 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

Eastern Airlines, well sort of
« on: September 07, 2022, 06:32:27 AM »
I was on my way home, listening to KPBI on my LiveATC app as normal, when I kept hearing, Eastern 3603 on approach, then tower.
Eastern? hmmmmm.

Well, turns out it was  more of a N'or Eastern, as it was the New England Patriots coming to South Florida, a few days early to get "acclimated" to our humidity. :)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- In a rare break from the norm, coach Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots arrived in South Florida on Tuesday, five days in advance of their season-opening game Sunday against the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium.

The team is scheduled to hold practices Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at Palm Beach Atlantic University, a small private college about an hour north of Miami's home stadium.

"I think it will give us a good chance just to focus on getting ready for the opening game, and get acclimated to the conditions, whatever they end up being down there," Belichick said in his weekly radio interview on sports radio WEEI.

The Patriots are 2-7 in their past nine games at Miami, and the Sunday forecast calls for a high of about 90 degrees, with humidity around 70%.

Offline tyketto

Re: Eastern Airlines, well sort of
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 06:28:52 PM »
I was on my way home, listening to KPBI on my LiveATC app as normal, when I kept hearing, Eastern 3603 on approach, then tower.
Eastern? hmmmmm.

Well, turns out it was  more of a N'or Eastern, as it was the New England Patriots coming to South Florida, a few days early to get "acclimated" to our humidity. :)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- In a rare break from the norm, coach Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots arrived in South Florida on Tuesday, five days in advance of their season-opening game Sunday against the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium.

The team is scheduled to hold practices Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at Palm Beach Atlantic University, a small private college about an hour north of Miami's home stadium.

"I think it will give us a good chance just to focus on getting ready for the opening game, and get acclimated to the conditions, whatever they end up being down there," Belichick said in his weekly radio interview on sports radio WEEI.

The Patriots are 2-7 in their past nine games at Miami, and the Sunday forecast calls for a high of about 90 degrees, with humidity around 70%.

Yeah.. they flew into KLAS as well, about 2 weeks ago.. that is one ugly livery. Edelweiss and Norwegian Air Shuttle have better red noses than that monstrosity..

BL.