Author Topic: Bush Intercontinental Airport is investigating naked man passed out Terminal E  (Read 1475 times)

Online KB4TEZ

https://usa.topnews.media/2023/04/25/bush-intercontinental-airport-is-investigating-after-a-naked-man-passed-out-on-the-tarmac-near-terminal-e/

(no audio I could find)

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — The Houston Airport System said an investigation is underway after a man breached security and was found naked on the tarmac.

On Saturday, a call from the airport that had nothing to do with the plane came over the radio. A man without clothes was seen in Terminal E near the gate and passed out. Houston police say the man was arrested and taken to the hospital.

“After 9/11, it’s very important for us to know what’s going on in situations and that airport security is increased,” explained passenger Eva Anassi. “We don’t want another 9/11 to happen.”“I’m really shocked because I feel the security at the airport is quite strong,” said passenger Mutmaina Adeyemi.

“Transparency,” said passenger Cecil Lundy.

“Telling us why it happened, how it happened and how they’re going to do it, it’s not an event anymore,” she said.

A representative for the Houston Airport System said an investigation would be conducted, but no details would be provided.

“Any security breach is a concern at Houston Airports and is always followed by a thorough investigation by airport security and operations personnel. Due to security concerns, Houston Airports is not disclosing how the person gained access to the secure area. The Houston Airport System’s multi-layered security program at its facilities led to the person being identified and detained near the ramp at Terminal E. No flight, baggage handling equipment or employee duties were disrupted until the Houston Fire Department service and the Houston Police Department responded to the trespasser. No one was injured during A person who gains access to a secure area at our airport facilities may incur trespassing fines and/or additional federal fees depending on the circumstances of the incident.” said the spokesman.

The Harris County District Attorney’s Office has not charged the man.Instead, he was ordered to participate in a mental health program.

“This is something real,” said passenger Desiree Burnley.

“You hear a lot about that, too. This is a growing concern. People are more aware of mental health issues. Hopefully this raises awareness of mental health issues and we need to do more to tackle this problem,” Burnley said.

“I like the idea of ​​not being charged. However, it is important to find him treatment,” Adeyemi said. “I feel like if they’re doing something on a court order, they should do it on a court order to put him in a mental hospital or something like that.”

Passengers hope this will lead to change and ensure it doesn’t happen again. “It’s hard for me to get through security wearing all my stuff. So I don’t even know how it got in there,” Lundy said. “It’s pretty crazy.”