Author Topic: Airport webcam collection, links & free viewing program  (Read 42461 times)

Offline Paulbc

• Corporate Aviation News 24/7
Airport webcam collection, links & free viewing program
« on: June 03, 2013, 07:51:32 PM »
Hi guys,

I've spent a bit of time putting together a comprehensive collection of streaming or fast-refreshing airport webcams for those who like to do a bit of what I call 'Remote Plane Spotting' !!.

There are lots of cams out there, but many don't refresh too frequently, and the majority are for airfields and quiet airstrips. My site features direct links to the webcam pages, but also details of camera location, views, time zone differences and direct links to flight schedules, live radar for each airport and audio availability at LiveATC.net.

Of possibly more interest to some of you, I have created a bundle of webcams which can be viewed in a simple program called Javacam, allowing automatic and reliable refreshing of webcam images, viewing of many cams simultaneously plus the option to rewind images and record into movies. The program and webcam bundle are available for free download on the site.

I hope you will find the page, links and program as useful as I do !

Web site:
http://www.remoteplanespotting.com

Regards,
Paul

Offline w0x0f

Re: Airport webcam collection, links & free viewing program
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »
Nice job, Paul!  Thanks for putting that together.

w0x0f

Offline alphazulu

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:29:16 PM »
Thank you Paul!

Offline UnitedFlyer737

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »
Thank you so much for this! I've been looking for something like this for quite some time now. I finally found it :)

Offline Paulbc

• Corporate Aviation News 24/7
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 02:53:36 PM »
Hi,

I'm sure some of you may know already, but here's an update to my current project:

RemotePlaneSpotting.com is now http://airportwebcams.net/, with more than 200 airport webcams already online, and many more still to be added. The web site now includes:

- Webcams listed by various criteria: Country, Cam Speed, Type of Airport, Time Zone and A to Z.
- Playlists (for free download): Javacam (for automatic refreshing of jpeg-based webcams) and VLC Player (a playlist of streaming and *recordable* airport webcams).
- All types of airports covered, from International to Executive, Military, Glider Fields and Helipads.
- Links to sites including live radar, pilot data including sectional maps, flight timetables and ATC audio.
- Views of runways, aprons, terminals and even hangar interiors.

We are looking for reciprocal aviation site links right now, so if you have such a site, please visit our Links page and we'll add you.

Thanks,
Paul
http://airportwebcams.net/

Online RonR

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
Thanks Paul, great site!

Ron

Offline Steelrman

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
Fantastic. Thank you.