airtraffic

Author Topic: What is your opinion on what really happened to AirAsia QZ8501?  (Read 11688 times)

Offline bangsat78

What is your opinion (based on our knowledge) on what had caused QZ8501 to fell from the sky and into the Java Sea? Is it weather related  or pilot error? Tell me what you think.....

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
Re: What is your opinion on what really happened to AirAsia QZ8501?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »
It's far too early to know for sure. One bit I found interesting is that the aircraft slowed as it climbed according to radar tracking data. This could possibly indicate engine instrument icing or pitot-static icing, producing false indications in the cockpit.

"A radar screenshot leaked from AirNav Indonesia shows the aircraft had turned left off the airway and was climbing through FL363, the speed over ground had decayed from 470 knots at FL320 to 353 knots however."

http://avherald.com/h?article=47f6abc7&opt=0

Again, as I said, far too early to know for sure, and that is merely a hunch. The above linked article has lots of information. I have found AvHerald to be a good source of information. CNN and the like tell the story the way they want you to hear it. AvHerald is just the facts, which are still being collected at this time.

RIP to the crew and passengers, and thoughts for their families...

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:11:26 PM »
Both black boxes have been recovered and are being analyzed. Hopefully they hold the answers...

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:35 AM »
Flew into a big cell, hail battered P/S, radome, took out engines, windshield, updrafts, downdrafts, extreme shear, loss of control, airframe failure, "sound of impact". End of transcript.

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 11:45:02 AM »
Updated AvHerald article contains images of the aircraft on the seabed. The CVR data was successfully downloaded and is being transcribed.

http://avherald.com/h?article=47f6abc7&opt=0

Offline Art53

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 11:33:37 AM »
ATC recording indicates the pilot called a mayday due to engine flameout.

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »
I think you are confusing AirAsia with the TransAsia turbo-prop that just fell into the drink, Art.

So many Asian airliners going down or being shot down these days it's hard to keep track...