Aviation > Aviation Accidents/Incidents

SWA1380 left engine failure April 14th

(1/3) > >>

npereira:
Hi all,

anyone has info on the recorded ATC of this engine failure that just happened?

Flight SWA1380 from LGA (laguardia) to DAL (Fortworth) landed at PHL with left engine failure, looks more like a disintergration:

danmel:
Attached are 3 ATC files NY Center High Alt, PHL Approach and Tower.  I couldn't find low alt NY Center Modena 25 (135.45) which SWA was advised to switch in middle.
Also a screenshot showing times and altitudes from FlightAware  https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA1380/history/20180417/1430Z/KLGA/KPHL/tracklog

danmel:
At 16:54 in the Approach file, the pilot reports to ATC "they said there was a hole and someone went out".  The ATC repeated the line as a question but then said does not matter....   From the reports on CNN it looks like only the window was broken so I wouldn't think a person could fit through it - 'fog of war' thing (I hope).

chapinb:
Here's my first attempt at stitching audio together and removing extra calls (turn the volume down, it is a bit loud). I used the 3 clips uploaded by danmel.

Feedback is always welcome.

dennisflysfast:
I'm not trying to be critical, just an observation... but the pilot (female) sounds seriously dazed. The demand for no more channel switching, and "okay center" rather than her callsign - seems a lot of her radio protocol failed. Never declared an emergency (as far as the downloaded calls go).

thoughts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version