Author Topic: Skydive plane crashes during jump run in Phoenix  (Read 15218 times)

Offline ridejumpfly

Skydive plane crashes during jump run in Phoenix
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:48:52 PM »
Skydive plane wing catches fire followed quickly by fire in the cabin. Then all bailout. The plane crashed into a house in Gilbert. The occupants of the house escaped unharmed.

PD: Plane crashes into Gilbert house, pilot hurt
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/gilbert/authorities-responding-to-plane-crash-reports-in-gilbert

Video From twitter (explicit language)

https://t.co/UKzU8dO893

KPHX North final feed. 9/18 0200-0230 archive happens around 0214-0218

All survived. The pilot is being treated for burns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Chilly

Re: Skydive plane crashes during jump run in Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:30:55 AM »
I find it hard to believe that all survived. They are lucky!

Offline kell490

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 02:30:30 AM »
They had a lot of experience jumping at night I'm sure that helped a lot I'm wondering what caused the airplane to catch fire maybe one of the pyro devices they wear for the show ignited inside the cabin although the report I read said the wing was on fire.  What is really lucky that no one was killed on the ground most homes in Gilbert are wood frame stucco over particle board so not that strong. I'm guessing they have spot lights with them when they jump to see where they are going watch out for power lines. Lot of high voltage power lines in Phoenix metro area I work for the electric utility east valley is full of them 340kv 500kv lines because we use so much electricity in the summer months.  Hate to land in those lines be zapped or land in a substation lots of those around too.

Offline MFE92

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:59:10 PM »
Word on the street is, the guy jerry-rigged pyro to his wing against everybody's advice and better judgment, claimed it was FAA approved, it wasn't.   I'm pretty sure the jumpers were out before it caught fire.  The dumbass is lucky nobody was killed on the ground.

Offline kell490

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 06:29:53 AM »
Wow if that turns out to be true what an idiot just lucky no one was killed. I'm sure lawsuits will be flying over this one.

Offline Evelyn19

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:39:18 AM »
They had a lot of experience jumping at night I'm sure that helped a lot I'm wondering what caused the airplane to catch fire maybe one of the pyro devices they wear for the show ignited inside the cabin although the report I read said the wing was on fire.  What is really lucky that no one was killed on the ground most homes in my review of phenq can be found at phenq-avis.com Gilbert are wood frame stucco over particle board so not that strong. I'm guessing they have spot lights with them when they jump to see where they are going watch out for power lines. Lot of high voltage power lines in Phoenix metro area I work for the electric utility east valley is full of them 340kv 500kv lines because we use so much electricity in the summer months.  Hate to land in those lines be zapped or land in a substation lots of those around too.

yeah the wing was on fire still i cant understand the main cause of the incident.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:22:26 AM by Evelyn19 »

Offline MFE92

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49:34 PM »
Here come the lawsuits.   I hope the town of Gilbert turns around and sues the pilot if there's truth to the allegation of his reckless disregard for safety.  http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/gilbert/2017/06/07/owners-home-destroyed-freak-gilbert-plane-crash-may-sue-town/356266001/

Offline lisagen

• Adderall
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 08:03:51 AM »
They had a lot of experience jumping at night I'm sure that helped a lot I'm wondering what caused the airplane to catch fire maybe one of the pyro devices they wear for the show ignited inside the cabin although the report I read said the wing was on fire.  What is really lucky that no one was killed on the ground most homes in Gilbert are wood frame stucco over particle board so not that strong. I'm guessing they have spot lights with them when they jump to see where they are anavar going watch out for power lines. Lot of high voltage power lines in Phoenix metro area I work for the electric utility east valley is full of them 340kv 500kv lines because we use so much electricity in the summer months.  Hate to land in those lines be zapped or land in a substation lots of those around too.

what was the reason behind it?