Author Topic: A plane has crashed in my yard': 911 calls from Upstate plane crash released  (Read 654 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-plane-has-crashed-in-my-yard-911-calls-from-upstate-plane-crash-released/ar-AAWVoGY?li=BBnb7Kz

The Oconee County Sheriff's Office released the calls reporting Monday night's plane crash off Planters Drive near Wells Highway after receiving a Freedom of Information request from WYFF News 4.
The small plane crashed into a wooded area at about 6 p.m. near a gated subdivision.

The Federal Aviation Administration identified the aircraft as a single-engine Grumman American AA-1.

Officials said in a statement that it crashed in a residential neighborhood in Seneca, west of Eagle Ridge Airport.

A homeowner near the crash scene told a dispatcher he thought the aircraft went down a half-mile from where he was.

"We just watched it take off, it lost power and he went into the trees and we heard it hit the trees," the man said.

He said he was with the owner of the plane before it took off, but the owner went home before the crash happened.

"A plane has crashed in my yard," another caller told dispatchers.

"It's a private, single-prop plane, one passenger," the homeowner on Planter's Drive said.

The man said the plane was not on fire, but he was trying to get the pilot out of the wreckage.

"Get here quick," he told the dispatcher.

"He's hurt, but he's breathing," the man said.

"Get a blanket, get a towel. He's bleeding," the man said to someone at the scene.

The pilot was taken by helicopter to Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital, but they did not release a condition and no updated information has been released.