Author Topic: Helicopter crash in Tennessee leaves 1 dead, 1 injured  (Read 1376 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

Helicopter crash in Tennessee leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
« on: December 30, 2021, 06:22:58 AM »
RIP

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — One person died and another was injured Wednesday afternoon when a helicopter crashed in rural eastern Tennessee, officials said.

The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office was alerted to the crash by a bystander who saw and heard the craft going down about 3 p.m., WBIR-TV reported. The crash happened near the Cocke County line and officials from both counties responded. They did not immediately release the names of those involved in the crash.

Federal Aviation Administration officials told the station only two people were aboard the aircraft. They will investigate what went wrong along with the National Transportation Safety Board.

“I was in my bedroom with the sliding glass door open to my balcony, and I heard a helicopter that was very, very low to the ground,” Brandi Proffit told the station. “Just minutes later, first responders were flying by the house.”

A private individual picked up the Robinson R-44 four-seat light helicopter at Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge Airport. It was owned by Touchstone Helicopters and operated by a company called Lifted, officials said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/helicopter-crash-in-tennessee-leaves-1-dead-1-injured/ar-AASfDxD?li=BBnbfcL