Author Topic: 19 May 2019: GoJet 6197 KDTW-CYYZ diverts to KCLE after loss of cabin pressure  (Read 3688 times)

Offline n0qxw

Edit:  added the notation re: Delta Connection

Normally I'd be posting this in the Audio thread with a clip, but since I can't find any usable audio from ZMP/ZOB sectors, KCLE approach was unreadable for the most part, and nothing useful except a normal landing on KCLE tower....  *shrug*

Approximately 1830Z today, GJS6197, scheduled passenger service KDTW-CYYZ under the Delta Connection livery, reportedly lost cabin pressure and wing anti-ice while enroute.  According to telemetry from LiveATC, emergency descent was made, and the stricken aircraft diverted to Cleveland, where it landed without incident and taxied normally to the terminal.  As of this writing, the aircraft in question (N669CA) is still on the ground at KCLE, along with its entire passenger compliment.  FlightAware and FlightRadar24 currently anticipate the flight to continue to CYYZ with the same hull.

Details come from my friend @troutman on Twitter, who relayed what the flight crew and gate staff advised him.

https://twitter.com/troutman/status/1130223915157078017
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:47:43 PM by n0qxw »