airtraffic

Author Topic: Emergency Cessna 172 Landing at KSBA (Santa Barbara Municipal Airport)  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Garagedwella

Hearing reports that a Cessna 172 (registration unknown at this time) suffered an oil leak and declared an emergency, landing at around 1:45 PM local time today. Tried to pull the feed for approach and tower but the audio doesn’t appear archived for some reason. Anyone listening in live or know more about what happened?

Details are pretty sparse, but the local ABC affiliate KEYT apparently picked up the story https://keyt.com/news/santa-barbara-s-county/2021/04/19/small-plane-makes-emergency-landing-at-santa-barbara-aiport/

Offline KB4TEZ

Pulled the audio from KSBA both App/Dep and Tower, seemed to be a lot of discussion around it, but nothing major.
you'll find both on  KSBA Apr 19 2030-2100z

JW

Offline Garagedwella

Huh, alright thanks JW! I looked into those archived recordings. I tried pulling them yesterday but kept getting error messages.

I’m friends with some of the United guys/girls based at KSBA asked if they knew anything, they didn’t say much but from what they heard it sounded like a pretty standard and uneventful emergency landing. Wasn’t much traffic moving around so radio traffic was pretty minimal.

Regards,

Garagedwella