Author Topic: Deadly small plane crash in Oklahoma City--UPDATE--  (Read 3851 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

Deadly small plane crash in Oklahoma City--UPDATE--
« on: March 18, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
https://www.koco.com/article/crews-responding-to-plane-crash-at-sundance-airpark/26860496

One person is dead and another is critically injured after a small plane crash off the runway at Sundance Airport in Oklahoma City, according to KWTV
YUKON, Okla. —
A man has died and a woman is in critical condition after a plane crash on Monday at Sundance Airport in Yukon, according to Oklahoma City fire officials.

Around 3:40 p.m., a twin-engine Westwind jet crashed while landing at Sundance Airport, Federal Aviation Administration officials said. Two people were on the plane; a man has been pronounced dead.FAA investigators are heading to the Yukon airport, and the National Transportation Safety Board has been notified. Officials with the NTSB will be in charge of the investigation, according to the FAA.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:33:25 AM by kb4tez »

Offline KB4TEZ

Re: Deadly small plane crash in Oklahoma City
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 06:37:57 AM »
seemed normal, haven't had any luck with any audio as of yet
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N4MH

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 07:51:59 AM »
Sundance Airport does not appear to be covered by LiveATC yet so no audio is available.

Offline KB4TEZ

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:44:21 AM »
yea, was trying to find something out of OKC, but didnt' look like and issues in the air until Sundance.

Offline RonR

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
I found a short audio segment from this flight on the KOKC Approach feed (124.6).  They check in at 6000 feet, are given a few traffic advisories and a few minutes later are told to "Squawk 1200, frequency change approved".  No hint of any trouble at that point.  No other audio is available after that.

Ron

Offline KB4TEZ

Re: Deadly small plane crash in Oklahoma City--UPDATE--
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 07:33:02 AM »
http://www.news9.com/story/40162920/pilots-respond-after-okc-plane-crash-kills-two-of-their-own

“I just happened to hear a noise, and I looked, and I saw a jet come in to land,” recalled Melon.

It was a Westwind twin engine, and Melon says mere feet before touching down, there was a roar from the plane, and it tilted straight into the air.

“I saw the angle of attack of that airplane way high, and it was so slow, and then all of a sudden, like slow motion it started just turning and rolling on itself,” said Melon.