airtraffic

Author Topic: Where can I find this ATC recording?  (Read 17496 times)

Offline mlt

Where can I find this ATC recording?
« on: November 24, 2016, 03:38:48 AM »
I was on a flight on Nov 16, 2016 (last week) from CZBB to CYEG, departed 06:55am PST. At around 08:11am PST the pilots declared an emergency above the Rocky Mountains and descended to 14,000', see graph in link below.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CGRSL/history/20161116/1455Z/CZBB/CYEG/tracklog

Map: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/CGRSL/history/20161116/1455ZZ/CZBB/CYEG

Where can I find the ATC recording for this incident? Which frequency were the pilots likely communicating with?

Thank you.

Offline RonR

Re: Where can I find this ATC recording?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 09:45:04 AM »

After a little looking around I found your flight on the Edmonton Airport feeds.  The attached audio clip picks up the flight from the point where they contacted Edmonton Arrival down to landing.  Odd thing though, there was no mention of any emergency on this clip.  Do you know what the emergency was?

Ron

Offline mlt

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 10:18:01 AM »
Thank you! I couldn't find this recording either. We lost cabin pressure at 21000', and made a rapid descent to 14000'. They retracted their emergency status after about 10-15min, but they had some back-and-forth with ATC during this time. I believe they may have been contacting Vancouver Centre, which I can't find a feed for? I think we were still in British Columbia (also note a 1h time different between Vancouver and Edmonton, if that helps at all).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:21:05 AM by mlt »

Offline GeoffSM1

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 06:58:50 PM »
The FlightAware tracklog you have provided a link to indicates that the aircraft was in the Vancouver Centre section of the flight. Unfortunately it seems that Vancouver Centre is not available in the LiveATC feeds. :-(

Offline dawgweed

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 03:24:43 PM »
Here is the Aviation report on it;

UPDATE TSB #A16P0204: C-GRSL, a Beech C90 (King Air) aircraft operated by Canadian Flight Centre, was en route from Vancouver/Boundary Bay, BC (CZBB) to Edmonton Intl, AB (CYEG) under IFR at FL210. Approximately 40 nautical miles North West of Revelstoke, BC, the aircraft began to lose pressurization and the flight crew requested a descent to FL190. Subsequently, the crew reported a pressurization failure and declared an emergency. ATC cleared the flight to the minimum IFR altitude of 14 300 feet ASL and the flight continued to its destination. The TSB is awaiting more information.

Offline mlt

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:16:24 PM »
Yes I thought the ATC recording would be from the Vancouver Centre, unfortunately there are no Vancouver Centre archives!!

Thank you for finding the Aviation report! Where did you find this?

Offline dawgweed

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »
The Canadian reporting system can be queried here;

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/CADORS-SCREAQ/m.aspx?lang=eng