airtraffic

Author Topic: Unruly Passenger on Jet Blue Flight Forces Return to KBOS  (Read 18827 times)

Offline RonR

Unruly Passenger on Jet Blue Flight Forces Return to KBOS
« on: January 07, 2016, 12:02:43 PM »

A Jet Blue flight had just departed KBOS last night on its way to KFLL when a passenger decided to cause a scene because he was asked to take his service animal off the seat.  The attached audio picks up with the aircraft checking on with ZBW on 124.525 and includes the pilot-side communication with San Francisco ARINC (ground side could not be heard).  The flight landed back at KBOS safely; the police were waiting for them at the gate  :-)

Sorry about the large file size, not sure why Audacity does that...

Offline RonR

Re: Unruly Passenger on Jet Blue Flight Forces Return to KBOS
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:08:05 PM »
Sorry, having trouble uploading the entire file...so I decided to split it into two...here's the first one...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:54:32 PM by RonR »

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:31:34 PM »
And here's the second half...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:55:16 PM by RonR »

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
Ron - Check the Boston Ramp archives for the ground side of ARINC... if you are lucky there was not too much ramp traffic tying up the scanner. Then you can piece together the JFK ARINC or your LGA ARINC for the airborne and Boston for the ground. Did you check your own LGA 129.4 ARINC for the airborne? I know the ground is distorted, but that's because the LGA ARINC ground station is off by 7.5kHz

We need to get one of my wide-band GRR-23's down to your LGA site for that 129.4 and get it on a dedicated feed...

Offline RonR

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »
Hey ID,

Never thought of checking the KBOS Ramp feed...and you're right you can hear the ground side there.  It's all pieced together but had to run to work...I'll post the updated file a little later when I get home...

Offline RonR

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 10:56:48 PM »
OK, updated audio files have been uploaded above.  They now include the ground communication from San Francisco ARINC.