Author Topic: Laser light show at KSEA  (Read 13688 times)

Offline onesierrawhiskey

Laser light show at KSEA
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/40082472.html

About twelve, didn't hear them all. Full 30 min archive. Starts 15:20.

"We'll keep an eye out for that...or, -er, away from that."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:20:58 AM by WS »

Offline wazzu90

Re: Laser light show at KSEA
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 04:12:41 AM »
Thanks for posting that link. :mrgreen:

Offline jbkatz

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »

Offline athaker

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:18:26 PM »
they cite the audio source being "liveatc.com"....... a rival website perhaps?

Offline strangr

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:09:38 AM »
this is happening far too much, how can this be fun for people on the ground. when they finally see a plane crash they will change their ways.

Bloody idiots.

Offline kitsap2

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:12:09 AM »
odds are that it is some kid/teenager/s that are doing this.  i worked at seattle tracon/approach control and dealt with "unauthorized laser events" from time to time.  none of the occurrences led to any harm, thank goodness.  it's mostly just annoying for the pilots to be startled by the suddenness of a green flash in the cockpit.

i hope that this time, being that it was a longer period of "unauthorized" use, they catch the perp.

Offline drewski

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 05:56:44 AM »
Some guys up here in Vancouver were having fun with a laser when they made one big mistake.  They 'lit up' a police helicopter.  The helicopter tracked them until a car arrived on the scene.  Then the laser was confiscated and the owner was charged.  A satisfying ending for a change.

Offline EdGeneer

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »
Some guys up here in Vancouver were having fun with a laser when they made one big mistake.  They 'lit up' a police helicopter.  The helicopter tracked them until a car arrived on the scene.  Then the laser was confiscated and the owner was charged.  A satisfying ending for a change.

Good... Ignorant Clowns.... It never ceases to amaze me as to the extent that some people go to to mess with someone else. This seems to be a growing trend to use those lazers to distract people, I only hope that it doesnt lead to someone getting killed to bring serious attention to it.

Offline flygirltammy

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 08:21:57 PM »
I was visiting my dad in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. He said something like there used to be laser light shows but not anymore. I immediately thought that it might be because it's right in the path of approaches and departures. But I don't know if that is why. Does anyone know if this is true?

Offline EdGeneer

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 02:17:33 AM »
That depends... In the path, I suppose, they would move it. If there was an event, there usually is a NOTAMS for pilots to avoid flyovers or at least to look out for said lazer displays to beware of such, but. As far as sopping them, I would think of any those in direct flightpaths, but than again, I am not aware of any specific shows or venues that are no longer allowed to run shows because of inline flightpath location/disruption.

I think most large shows are known by local ATC anyways, and the disturbances are just punks....

Offline dlum

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 06:26:32 PM »
Clearly not worth the jail time or negative exposure one might receive after doing something like this............ Apparently they will sell any idiot a high powered laser!!  People that do things like this should be jailed!!