Author Topic: Two funny clips from New Orleans  (Read 8928 times)

Offline KMSY

Two funny clips from New Orleans
« on: August 07, 2007, 02:32:04 PM »
The first clip is USA758 (a 737) requesting taxi. The controller drops the ball... pilot jokes about it.
Thanks to Olivia for spotting the clip!

The second is a conversation between Mercury 6477 and Ground about good radio voices. The controller gets a little excited at the end. I wasn't able to follow 6477 through tower (to see if they commented on the ground controller's comments) but got the Departure callup.

Note: This is my first time editing clips and using Audacity. I'm kinda using this a test to see if I did it right.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 03:05:16 PM by KMSY »

Offline lowflite

Re: Two funny clips from New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:24:52 PM »
Great clips KMSY!  It sounds like you like have the Audacity down with no problem.  I've been using the program for a couple of years now and I think it edits pretty well.  I too, listen to this feed often as my son flies "jetlink" in and out of there a lot.

Offline The Hoffspatcher

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 09:43:17 AM »
You can almost see the look on that pilots face, "hey! we fly real airplanes!" LOL  :lol:

Offline KMSY

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »
"Jetlink" traffic here is quite heavy. With the ExpressJet Airlines service to six cities along with one Continental Express flight daily each to IAH and CLE, Xjet is competing with WN as the big dog in New Orleans.

ExpressJet is also reporting that New Orleans is packing the most passengers in their planes, of all their destinations. I think this is due to their service to nearby, southern cities, where many Katrina refugees are still living and are traveling home to see kids in school or working on fixing their houses, every weekend or so.

I also heard their service is awesome, and their prices are ridiculously low. I have to head to Florida one weekend, and I can't wait to take Xjet to JAX.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 10:50:00 AM by KMSY »

Offline lowflite

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:53:10 AM »

I also heard their service is awesome, and their prices are ridiculously low. I have to head to Florida one weekend, and I can't wait to take Xjet to JAX.
[/quote]

You won't be disappointed with Xjet!  With leather memory foam seats, decent snacks and meals on long flights, $1.00 beer, XM radio, makes the flights enjoyable.