airtraffic

Author Topic: Boeing & McDonnell Douglas' GPWS, TCAS, and Callouts .  (Read 35989 times)

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
Boeing & McDonnell Douglas' GPWS, TCAS, and Callouts .
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:48:11 AM »
I made compilation of ALL of Boeing and MD's GPWS, TCAS and Callouts in my collection  :-)   Hopefully you don't hear some warnings in this clip when you are flying planes... 

Offline cessna157

• facebook
Re: Boeing & McDonnell Douglas' GPWS, TCAS, and Callouts .
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
Very nice.  I think all of those (except for the very last couple messages) are McDonnell Douglas voice commands.  I recognize the annoying elecronic voice they used.

The TCAS RAs are always interesting, with all of the options of both levels of RA (I don't have my systems manual up, I don't recall what the 2 levels are called)

TCAS TAs are common, but RAs are fairly rare.  I occasionally got the "Adjust vertical speed" or "Monitor vertical speed."  Fortunatey never got the corrective and increasing RAs which get a little dangerous as you start to enter the realm of cabin movement.

Offline Heading090

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »
I occasionally got the "Adjust vertical speed" or "Monitor vertical speed."  Fortunatey never got the corrective and increasing RAs which get a little dangerous as you start to enter the realm of cabin movement.

@Cessna
I'd like to clarify some points you have raised about TCAS:

1. "Adjust vertical speed, adjust" is a corrective RA. "AVSA" requires a reduction to 2000, 1000, 500 or 0 ft/min, as indicated on the instruments. Any RA that requires a change of vertical speed is corrective. Incidentally, it's very often incorrectly flown (pilots increase the vertical speed instead of reducing it). This RA will be replaced by a new "level-off, level-off" RA (reduction to 0) in the forthcoming TCAS ver. 7.1 (implementation date still not known).

2. I don't think you're right saying RAs "get a little dangerous". They're not if flown correctly. Climb/descend RAs require vertical speeds of 1500 ft/min, increase climb/descent 2500.  The former requires acceleration (positive or negative) of .25G, the latter .35. What is a bit dangerous about it? In my book that is a normal aircraft operation.

3. Whether RAs are rare or frequent is airspace depended. In some places they occur as frequently as every 40 flight hours, in other every 2000. Simply: complex, congested airspace = more RAs.

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 03:44:20 PM »
Very nice.  I think all of those (except for the very last couple messages) are McDonnell Douglas voice commands.  I recognize the annoying elecronic voice they used.

The TCAS RAs are always interesting, with all of the options of both levels of RA (I don't have my systems manual up, I don't recall what the 2 levels are called)

TCAS TAs are common, but RAs are fairly rare.  I occasionally got the "Adjust vertical speed" or "Monitor vertical speed."  Fortunatey never got the corrective and increasing RAs which get a little dangerous as you start to enter the realm of cabin movement.

Thanks .  MD has most annoying alerts that i know of .  Last 3 call was  Stick Shaker, Alternater, and Evacuation Signal

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »
2. I don't think you're right saying RAs "get a little dangerous". They're not if flown correctly. Climb/descend RAs require vertical speeds of 1500 ft/min, increase climb/descent 2500.  The former requires acceleration (positive or negative) of .25G, the latter .35. What is a bit dangerous about it? In my book that is a normal aircraft operation.

Hence the reason I said it could get a little dangerous, and why I didn't say it is an aerobatic maneuver.  Yes, if flown correctly, there will be very little cabin movement.  But with the amount of jet pilots out there, are you going to tell me that every one of them is going to fly it smoothely and slowly and nobody is going to overreact and start yanking on the stick?

Offline Heading090

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 03:59:07 PM »
That's true - some pilots overreact and fly RAs incorrectly. That's matter of proper training and professionalism. Any aircraft maneuver executed incorrectly may be dangerous.

Offline civic

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 05:18:34 PM »
 :-o  :-o that is so scary

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:55:45 PM »
:-o  :-o that is so scary

it's very annoying too

Offline laylow

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »
If anyone is interested, I cut that file up into individual pieces.
http://nakedcomputing.org/aircraft_noise/

KJET100

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »
thanks laylow! these are now my windows sounds. :)

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »
That would make a good ring tone lol

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 10:33:24 PM »
That would make a good ring tone lol

trust me, you will never miss a call after you set that alarms as ringtone =)

Offline Scrapper

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 06:58:26 PM »
Anyone know how I can actually download these and use them as ringtones? right now I only seem to have access through the website url in one of the previous posts, but I can't seem to find a way to download it directly onto my hard disk...

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 07:06:54 PM »
Anyone know how I can actually download these and use them as ringtones? right now I only seem to have access through the website url in one of the previous posts, but I can't seem to find a way to download it directly onto my hard disk...

go to www.phonezoo.com   and make your ringtone then send directly to your phone,  its free .

KJET100

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 10:59:06 AM »

seriously?

right click - save link as.

Offline atcman23

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2009, 08:02:10 PM »

LOL, I can imagine this... " whoop whoop pull up ... whoop whoop pull up"

Oh my wife is calling...

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »

LOL, I can imagine this... " whoop whoop pull up ... whoop whoop pull up"

Oh my wife is calling...

ahahahahahaha LOL

Offline softwarelover

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 05:27:13 PM »
I made compilation of ALL of Boeing and MD's GPWS, TCAS and Callouts in my collection  :-)   Hopefully you don't hear some warnings in this clip when you are flying planes... 
Great! Thank you so much! I have been waiting for this... :-)

Offline atav

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 09:01:17 PM »
Interesting to hear these... Thanks, I can tell these are from the PMDG MD-11 because you can hear the echo unique to how PMDG recorded it.

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 09:11:51 PM »
Interesting to hear these... Thanks, I can tell these are from the PMDG MD-11 because you can hear the echo unique to how PMDG recorded it.

Good ear (:  yes they are, with the echos . not every sounds are from PMDG though . and No Problem (: