Air Traffic Monitoring > Aviation Audio Clips

Toronto Beech 1900?

(1/3) > >>

Gordon:
At around 0038Z Toronto tower cleared an aircraft to land after a Beech 1900. I missed a little part of it but the pilot said, "I didn't know a 1900 could go 270kts" The tower responded, "Oh dont worry about that, we got him motivated"

Is the streams recorded where I might be able to find out what exactly was said?  :lol:

cessna157:
Haha, I was flying into HPN last week and N90 asked a Cirrus to "maintain 190 knots or greater".  The Cirrus pilot responded "uhh....we're a cirrus.  Would you settle for 150 downhill?"

Jason:

--- Quote from: cessna157 on September 09, 2007, 08:56:14 PM ---Haha, I was flying into HPN last week and N90 asked a Cirrus to "maintain 190 knots or greater".  The Cirrus pilot responded "uhh....we're a cirrus.  Would you settle for 150 downhill?"

--- End quote ---

Always great fun on the NOBBI sector.

kkjlai:

--- Quote from: Gordon on September 09, 2007, 08:45:16 PM ---At around 0038Z Toronto tower cleared an aircraft to land after a Beech 1900. I missed a little part of it but the pilot said, "I didn't know a 1900 could go 270kts" The tower responded, "Oh dont worry about that, we got him motivated"

Is the streams recorded where I might be able to find out what exactly was said? 

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forum!

You can revisit archive at:  http://www.liveatc.net/archive.php

The link you may be looking for is at

http://archive-server.liveatc.net/cyyz/CYYZ-Toronto-Sep-10-2007-0030Z.mp3

I listened to it and seems that it is from the Deptarture Controller rather than the Toronto Tower.  And looks like they are not landing.. (not many plane lands at 270 knots!  :wink:)

Also, looks like it is GGN2802 who they are referring to.. at the very start of the clip

kkjlai

Greg01:
I flew into ISP last Monday and the controller cleared me for the visual to 24 and asked me to maintain my best forward speed and advised that there was a SWA 73 behind me.

I was in a Cherokee doing about 120 KIAS and only getting 100 over the ground! I so badly wanted to say, "I'm pedalling as fast as I can..." but I don't think he would've appreciated it, he seemed a little busy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version