airtraffic

Author Topic: Boeing 707 IRAN Government , emergency landing communication  (Read 21696 times)

Offline ATD

IRAN-TEHRAN-MEHRABAD (OIII)

Few days ago before departing Mr Ahmadi nezhad to new york APU of the Iran government airplane (707) failed in test flight!
This communication related to that event

Download link : http://aerospacetalk.ir/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=133955&thanks=133955&to_id=7288#p133955

Offline jrmyl

Re: Boeing 707 IRAN Government , emergency landing communication
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:29:16 AM »
So the APU failed in flight.  I don't see the big importance of that.  It is just an APU after all.  Not like one of the engines failed in flight.  I read your link and wasn't impressed with the knowledge of the posters on that website.  The knowledge of ETOPS on there is severely lacking.  They act as if 4 engine aircraft are the only ones that can fly over the ocean. :?

Offline KASWspotter

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
"In aviation law just the Four-engine aircraft can fly directly over the ocean,,, so after refeuling the Iranian government airplane can fly over the ocean atlantic and land at JFK Intl airport maybe via direct route from london to new york with a some reporting point

I don't have any idea about refeuling airport ..."

This was quoted in the link above. Wont be taking that site seriously.

Offline SASD209

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:52:36 AM »
From that website:

"This means Mr. Ahmadinejad could fly with Iranian government A321 instead of B707"

What? I think those posters should have greater access to the internet!!! 

Offline ATD

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:09:55 AM »
I'm iranian and our site is iranian too , so we know better than foreign people what happend in our country ,,,
our site is Official aviation site of iran
in the AeroSpaceTalk you can discuss together ,,, we have free discussion about aviation!
you can find all thing you nice to know about iran
we talked about ETOPS and this link : http://aerospacetalk.ir/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=348&t=19841

you can read and join us;)

Offline ATD

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 11:12:04 AM »
ETOPS is an acronym for Extended-range Twin-engine Operational Performance Standards, an International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standard and Recommended Practice (SARP) permitting twin-engined commercial air transporters to fly routes that, at some points, are farther than a distance of 60 minutes' flying time from an emergency or diversion airport.
This rule allows twin-engined airliners—such as the Airbus A300, A310, A320, A330 and A350 families, the Boeing 737, 757, 767, 777 and 787, the EMBRAER 190 and Lineage, and Tupolev Tu-204—to fly long-distance routes that were previously off-limits to twin-engined aircraft. ETOPS operation has no direct correlation to water nor distance over water. It refers to single-engine flight times between diversion airfields—regardless as to whether such fields are separated by water or land.ETOPS may be replaced by a newer system, referred to as 'LROPS or "Long Range Operational Performance Standards", which will affect all civil airliners, not just those with a twin-engine configuration. Until the mid-1980s, the term EROPS (extended range operations) was used before being superseded by ETOPS usage. Currently, the ETOPS term is commonly used for operations previously described as LROPS or EROPS.[1]

Offline ATD

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »
From that website:

"This means Mr. Ahmadinejad could fly with Iranian government A321 instead of B707"

What? I think those posters should have greater access to the internet!!! 

MR.AhmadiNezhad never used A321 !

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »
More to the point, why was the APU being used in-flight? I thought the generators were for that and the APU was mainly for ground power and engine starts?
I do understand though that if a generator is inop, then the APU will be used in flight. Was this the case?

EDIT - Having listened to the clip start to finish it sound like they only said the APU is unserviceable once on the ground - i.e. letting Kennedy know they'd require ground power. Bit of a non-event really.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:43:15 AM by ect76 »

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 11:40:01 AM »
Also, to save everyone having to go through that other forum and then through RapidShare I'm attaching the clip below!
I'm not sure of the source of the clip as it doesn't sound like the Liveatc clip. It sounds like it's been chopped about.

Offline ATD

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 11:58:05 AM »
More to the point, why was the APU being used in-flight? I thought the generators were for that and the APU was mainly for ground power and engine starts?
I do understand though that if a generator is inop, then the APU will be used in flight. Was this the case?

EDIT - Having listened to the clip start to finish it sound like they only said the APU is unserviceable once on the ground - i.e. letting Kennedy know they'd require ground power. Bit of a non-event really.

In the 707 you can check the indicator of APU before landing,,, work or doesnt work.
 one of our user uploaded this sound clip so we are source

Cap747

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
If an airplane lands at a non- regular visited airport the pilot often request ground service through arrival or tower. Here (the 707) request a GPU and Jetstarter because of an unservicable APU So no emergency... though the way they talk into a microphone makes it a lot more exiting than it is....

He says: "Please advice for GPU and jetstarter"  Meaning tell the ground crew they need a ground power unit and jetstarter, then he says: "The APU is unservicable".
Controller responds with: "mike romeo julliet zero two that's been taken care of. Approved eh."

Check out this page http://nycaviation.com/forum/guess-who-s-coming-to-dinner-iran-air-707-t19271s30.html to see some pictures....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:22:19 AM by Cap747 »