airtraffic

Author Topic: Some of my first coms  (Read 8085 times)

KHAOS

Some of my first coms
« on: October 10, 2009, 05:37:55 AM »
Just started learning how to fly this past month.  Managed to catch some of my coms while flying thru Ogden, UT (KOGD) from KBTF to KBMC and back.  I actually got to meet three of the controllers in the tower at Ogden 2 weeks ago.  Great guys, it was really cool to put some faces to the voices.  Thought I'd share.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:40:17 AM by KHAOS »

Offline aviator657

Re: Some of my first coms
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:38:27 AM »
Very nice!  So your training out of BTF? That's my home field!   :-D  ...01S...is that one of G and B's skyhawks?  I love the Ogden controllers.  They are very very helpful and accommodating and its fun to go and talk with them in the tower. 

KHAOS

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 01:39:08 AM »
Yes sir!  That's indeed one of their Skyhawks.  Most of the time I'm in 3901S, or if that's not available, I'm in 3948R for the time being. 

I love flying out of KBTF.  I live right by Ogden, and originally planned on going with Leading Edge for training, even flew with them a few times before, but I just didn't get good vibes from it.  But when I met the people at Skypark, I was sold. 

The controllers at Ogden are definitely a bunch of cool guys.  Very accommodating and down to earth.

What do you fly?  I wonder if I've seen you around. 

Offline aviator657

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:53:44 AM »
Oh cool!  Well skypark is the best airport in Utah in my opinion.  I love it!  I fly a Cherokee 180, 8202W.  Haven't been out in a while but hope to get up soon!

KHAOS

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
Awesome, I'll have to keep an eye out for ya when I'm there.  :)