airtraffic

Author Topic: Small airplane makes emergency landing on I-75 in Collier County  (Read 4116 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

finally found the audio

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/local/2020/06/12/plane-makes-emergency-landing-75-collier/3175095001/

A small airplane made an emergency landing on the southbound lanes of Interstate 75 at mile marker 107, or Pine Ridge Road, late Friday morning according to the Collier County Sheriff's Office.

The two occupants of the plane were not injured in the incident and no vehicles were involved, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The incident blocked lanes of traffic and deputies are encouraging drivers to avoid the area, according to the sheriff's office. The plane was a single engine and the two-seat aircraft landed safely on the road shoulder before 10 a.m. after the pilot reported engine problems, according to the sheriff's office.

The plane, which did not sustain any damage in the incident, was coming from Orlando Sanford International Airport and making its final approach to Naples Municipal Airport when it began experiencing engine failure, according to the sheriff's office.

The incident caused the southbound entry ramp to be shut down, but I-75 remained open to traffic.

The Federal Aviation Administration will investigate the incident, according to the sheriff's office.
Modify message

Offline Tom D

Re: Small airplane makes emergency landing on I-75 in Collier County
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 09:33:58 PM »
John,
Thanks for posting that audio clip. I have the ground station for LiveATC covering Naples Airport (APF). I got it up and running with a lot of help from Dave a few weeks ago. I tried to edit and post i the clip but couldn’t figure out how to do it. Good Job. Tom K1NEW.

Offline Askmeoffers8

• Find best deals to Shop https://askmeoffers.com/
    • Askmeoffers.com
Re: Small airplane makes emergency landing on I-75 in Collier County
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 10:25:32 AM »
Many frequencies provided by LiveAtc. Also go to Forums segment ARTCC / FIR / Tracon. Download Jetscan 's excellent ARTCC boundary chart, "East Seaboard High Altitude." It's the first side. You may use Flightaware, Planefinder or Flightradar 24 to access flight departure times, and then

Using the three to control the ride. Notice that Flightaware shows you the aircraft flight schedule before departure. Really positive

Setting up the battle as it moves from airport to target airport. Also though Liveatc's size distribution distance,

You will find the next level of flight provided by Liveatc by altitude and flight schedule.

Occasionally, I was able to monitor a flight from Boston or New York all the way down to Florida with a few frequency differences , particularly if the

Flight remains off East Coast.

Enjoy this journey.

Proposal