Air Traffic Monitoring > Aviation Audio Clips

Short nerves at PHL

(1/3) > >>

IndyTower:
All this occured at PHL tower sometime in May or early June 2005 within a half hour...cut this all out of a single 30 minute archive.  Obviously people were getting tense...

The first part is a couple pilots bickering, the second and third part are a female controller dealing with all the stress of the day...mostly ground stops and increased in trail spacing.  The pilots were giving her a hard time...think she handled it well with all that was going on.

Sometimes I think pilots wouldn't say anything if they were the ones in the tower shuffling 30 flight strips trying to organize departures so they matched all the in trail seperations needed.

PHL Approach:
I think I remember that night, but didnt hear those specific parts. The women just started at PHL a few weeks ago, she came over from PNE. I know alot people that didn't like dealing with her at PNE, now the big boys have to deal with her  :wink:

Jason:

--- Quote from: PHL_Approach ---I think I remember that night, but didnt hear those specific parts. The women just started at PHL a few weeks ago, she came over from PNE. I know alot people that didn't like dealing with her at PNE, now the big boys have to deal with her  :wink:
--- End quote ---

I'm curious to see how her career at PHL will go...some of those tower guys at the smaller airports can loose their touch when they walk into the class B ATCT's...IMO

I remember listening to her once...unfortunately I do sympathize for the pilots and the controllers at the same time.  It's hard to communicate with a controller that does not have a good flow and plan; but if this didn't happen with new controllers, we wouldn't have any.  But the controller is trying her hardest and if she wasn't she would probably be pulled for a break in the shift and talked too.  Who knows  :P

thehotshotpilot:
I would like to see those pilots in KCLT on a busy day, then I'd come in a shoot some ILS approaches in a BLIMP, then see who is bickering

thehotshotpilot:
I would like to see those pilots in KCLT on a busy day, then I'd come in a shoot some ILS approaches in a BLIMP, then see who is bickering

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version