Author Topic: Santa Monica, Caliifornia Plane Crash  (Read 29062 times)

Offline CardiacKid

Santa Monica, Caliifornia Plane Crash
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:31:56 AM »
I was working in Santa Monica yesterday and I was listening to the KSMO (Santa Monica Airport) feed here on liveatc.net and I heard this happen live.....but I can't seem to get the archive to work, the crash happened at 5:00pm (pacific time), so if anyone could help that would be great

http://cbs2.com/local/Santa.Monica.airport.2.920696.html

Offline flaps

Re: Santa Monica, Caliifornia Plane Crash
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:49:45 AM »
This accident got me so sad... The general manager of Airliners.net, Paulo Emanuele was flying the aircraft.
God bless him and his relatives.

http://www.airliners.net/paulo/

flaps

Offline aevins

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
This is very sad and a true loss to the aviation community

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:21:21 PM »
I didn't know much about him until reading of this accident and then his background, but it seems as if Paulo lived a very active and fulfilling life.  His accident should be a reminder that an active life is not without risk, yet a life without risk is not a life indeed.  

May he rest in peace and may his loved ones and friends someday find the strength to think of him without the overwhelming pain of loss they no doubt are currently experiencing.

edit:  It appears the feed was down or there was a server problem, either of which prevented the archive file from being created.   
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:24:29 PM by KSYR-pjr »

kea001

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »
Paulo Emanuele Memorial
Short video

Paulo Emanuele Flies The YAK52 over Malibu

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:58:14 PM by kea001 »

KJET100

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:17:45 AM »
Hard to believe. Also hard to believe about the feed being curiously down.

Offline fholbert

• 160knots.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 09:40:12 AM »

Notice the wing of the camera ship when it comes into view. Looks like he died in the camera ship.

Frank Holbert
http://160knots.com

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »
Wow that's very sad. I'll be sure to keep the Emanuele family in my prayers and I hope you will to.

KJET100

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »

Notice the wing of the camera ship when it comes into view. Looks like he died in the camera ship.

Frank Holbert

Hi Frank. Not to hop in unwarranted on your conversation, but with all do respect to Emmanuel, Martin, and yourself of course, The actual plane involved in this accident was NOT the camera ship as you stated, but rather the red Marchetti that is prominently shown with Emmanuel on board. Just trying to clear that up. Perhaps I misunderstood you or perhaps you misunderstood. Whatever the case, two obviously (i did not know them) great men were lost on that day. I hate it when people say rest in peace. So I wont. Blue Skies.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 02:23:22 PM »
I hate it when people say rest in peace. So I wont. Blue Skies.

No need to be rude.  If you "hate" something that was previously stated in this thread you are a better man leaving that part out.

Offline fholbert

• 160knots.com
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 03:27:29 PM »
The actual plane involved in this accident was NOT the camera ship as you stated, but rather the red Marchetti that is prominently shown with Emmanuel on board.

Did you see the picture I posted?

Did you see the wing on the camera ship in the video at 1:22?

Pretty sure it's one in the same?

Frank Holbert
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:30:09 PM by fholbert »

kea001

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 07:41:08 PM »

Looks like he died in the camera ship.

Frank Holbert

Ha, I was hoping to find a video of the actual plane and it was there right in front of me. Thanks.

Offline redstar

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 02:26:12 PM »
Just a short note on this crash,have info that the plane was seldom brought out to he flight line as many as 3 times,to get the motor to start,one time they tryed so long the ran the battery out and had to bring out a jump cart,sad when someone pays such a price that this crash could of been avoided!

PP COM,IFR,ROTO,SEL

KJET100

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 08:16:53 AM »
I hate it when people say rest in peace. So I wont. Blue Skies.

No need to be rude.  If you "hate" something that was previously stated in this thread you are a better man leaving that part out.

No words could ever sum up your ignorance to what I said. May I suggest you re-read my entire post.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
No words could ever sum up your ignorance to what I said. May I suggest you re-read my entire post.

Scratch what I previously wrote in this edited message.

Instead, I'll take the high road and assume you didn't realize that I had written a few posts earlier what you claimed you "hate" and I thought you were being blatantly in my face.   Along these lines I see now that perhaps this was a mistaken interpretation.

Regardless of what particular over-used phrase we all choose to use to express our sadness, the intent was the same and should not be disregarded.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:02:56 AM by KSYR-pjr »

Offline Ismilsy271

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »
Found out about this recently,  paulo was a good friend and excellent boss as the owner of "the green circle bar" . He hired me and a bunch of other troubled kids during the early 90s kept us out of trouble,  even bailing us out of jail covering injuries cost even if they happened outside the job. I knew him well, we worked for him for over 7 years and was the most rewarding experience ever.  I now own my home improvement company,  it all started at the green circle bar expansions, and I have plenty to be thankful for.  My brother manny who also worked there has since passed away also,  and paulo loved my brother, we were the back bone of the business,  he recognized that and was very vocal about his appreciation to our hard work.  If anyone have some of our pictures from the big bear snow boarding trip,  please forward some to me. (Jasbpainting@gmail) My brother and I opted to go fishing instead and he loved that and took several pictures of us.. I no longer have my brother and would love to have those pics. R.I.P Paulo !!! Excellent human being,  boss, friend.  San Diego night live will never be the same!!