Author Topic: Sanford Crash  (Read 72910 times)

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: Sanford Crash
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »
I did not intend to start a long discussion about the idea of a plane falling on someones house.

Discussions take a life of their own on public discussion boards.   Once you toss your ideas into the mix they become fodder for anyone.   C'est la vie.

Offline Aardvark

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 03:12:40 PM »
Nothing wrong with discussion! I read on a local news website about the crash and some lady posted about how scared she was of a plane falling on her. I tried to let her know the facts but don't think she took to them. Theres a chance of everything.

Offline KTVC10/28

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 05:48:52 AM »
It truly could happen to anybody, and that reality has since been realised, when I visited the site.

In no way do I mean to dishonor your volunteer work or the horror of this crash, but regarding the above comment I would be interested in some clarification. 

Are you implying that airplanes could drop into anyone's home?   

Well, sorry but I don't understand why you feel there is any clarification necessary.

It is simply true. There are Aircraft. They are in the Air. If they crash at the wrong time in the wrong place they could in fact and do in fact kill people on the ground. The likelihood and or frequency of such accidents has nothing what ever to do with the point at hand.

He didn't in any way imply that he thought this would now begin to happen more often than in the past. He simply stated that it could. I imagine that seeing this horrible thing up close was somewhat unnerving.

The Emotional response is "God how terrible. This could have happened anywhere".. The Logical response is the same because it is simply true. It COULD CAN and WILL happen again. Likelihood is irrelevant.

Also, I don't see what the 6 o'clock News has to do with this.

I guess I just don't understand why you were all over him for pointing out that Aircraft can't stay up for ever and we don't always get to choose what this means.

Offline dorishd

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
I believe I saw a headline of another crash into a building or house this morning. I will have to search. Anyone else hear of it?

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 08:48:01 AM »
It is simply true. There are Aircraft. They are in the Air. If they crash at the wrong time in the wrong place they could in fact and do in fact kill people on the ground. The likelihood and or frequency of such accidents has nothing what ever to do with the point at hand.

LOL.    Thanks for the levity.

Offline dorishd

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 08:55:10 AM »
finally found it - out in Fullerton California - hit house, pilot died. Home unoccupied. happened tuesday 7/17/07

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/04/11/national/main182859.shtml

Offline dorishd

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 08:59:57 AM »
never mind, that was old. maybe i am going crazy.  please disregard my last post.

Offline pwr2al4

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »
Dustin,
I don't know if your volunteer work with the red cross is part of a career you may have in some type of EMS/FF/Trauma field so if it is then I'm sure you already know this. But after taking part in a traumatic event such as having to witness the aftermath of the death of a small child, It's very important that you take the time to sit down with someone and just talk about what happened and help get some of that shit off your chest whether it be official like some kind of debriefing session with all the volunteers who were involved, or just having a couple drinks with someone you trust and getting some of the emotions that you felt at the time off of your chest.
These 'critical incident stress debriefings' became mandatory in many depts. across the country a few years ago, and studies have shown that they have dramatically improved the quality of life and overall health of the people who are forced to deal with some of these terrible situations. Might be worth a shot even if you think that your fine, these types of memories dont just fade away after a couple of weeks

Offline KTVC10/28

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 12:38:41 AM »

LOL.    Thanks for the levity.

Oh, I didn't see this. Your welcome :-D

Offline Biff

• Biff's Hangar
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 02:08:47 PM »
The Daytona Beach News-Journal obtained the following recordings involving the accident airplane.  The first contains the last calls made to Orlando Approach.  The second sounds like a land-line recording of a call made by the Sanford controller to Orlando.

Story here.