airtraffic

Author Topic: russian experience  (Read 25821 times)

Offline kuznetsova

russian experience
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:10:26 PM »
Hello, hope this will be interesting to you. The recording has two separate parts.
As for part 1 it seems to me that the pilot didn't get the idea our controller tried to express. He meant that the part of the route was available at that time until passing the point mentioned but the crew understood that the route was not available at that time. Am I right?

And just enjoy listening Part 2. By the way, have you watched that match?
Anna

Offline PIT

russian experience
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 09:34:40 PM »
Hmm, no comment
but yes, from what i could hear you are right.

Offline DTAK

russian experience
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:31:11 PM »
Hmm.  I hear something like the the 10600 meters is available "unteela partcha daycher only"

I guess the guy doesn't understand "hockey score"
You would think that's in the Common Russian-English Phrase book.

dtak

Offline Wolfala

russian experience
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:22:02 PM »
Got anymore recordings from Russia? And what center sector was this?

Offline JetScan1

russian experience
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »
Air Canada 007 is a Vancouver to Hong Kong flight. They are talking to Magadan Control. My interpretation is Air Canada 007 is requesting a higher altitude and Magadan replies that they can climb to 10600 meters but can only stay at that altitude until they reach waypoint DATIR, then they would have to descend. Waypoint DATIR is located on the G212 airway (between Takhtayamsk and Nikolayevsk-Na-Amure) at N58 36.3 E150 41.7, this is in the Magadan CTA/FIR area. Was this recorded off a VHF or HF frequency ? I'm guessing HF ? Very interesting, if you have more it would be great to hear them, or better yet a live feed. DJ

Offline canuck101

russian experience
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 10:47:57 PM »
Good ol' Air Canada pilots.

If Russian ATC can't provide the hockey score, they usually send an ACARS to Flight Dispatch via SATCOM instead  :D

Offline Greeney

russian experience
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »
Quote from: Duke
Good ol' Air Canada pilots.

If Russian ATC can't provide the hockey score, they usually send an ACARS to Flight Dispatch via SATCOM instead  :D

Hahaha thats awesome, good to know our sattalites are being put to good use

Offline The Hoffspatcher

russian experience
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 06:00:45 AM »
Thats true, I know some friends who are Dispatchers and they have been asked to provide sports scores and other items such as facts out the Guiness Book of World Records  :)

Ah what a varied carrier to look forward to  :lol:

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
russian experience
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 07:23:08 AM »
Quote from: bhoffman
Thats true, I know some friends who are Dispatchers and they have been asked to provide sports scores and other items such as facts out the Guiness Book of World Records  :)

Ah what a varied carrier to look forward to  :lol:

Hey, Ben!  How's it been!?  I've been looking for the clips you posted on JFKTower.com (JFK clips) but it looks like you're no longer hosting them.

Can you e-mail/ON me if you have them?

Much appreciated,
Jason

Offline Dmitry

:-
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006, 04:56:22 PM »
) hockey score Russian vs Canada 2:0 (Torino 2006)

Offline Greenerairbus

russian experience
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 12:35:46 AM »
I could only wish it was this clear!  Magadan, and most of Russian ATC sound as if they are using a coffee can and string.  Very difficult to understand most of  the time.

I have rarely heard it this clear.  It is definitely VHF though.

Offline busy

russian experience
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 12:46:31 AM »
"a coffee can and string" sounds a bit offended. Don't you think so?

Offline busy

russian experience
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:54:23 AM »
I mean offensive, sorry. :)

Offline atchockey1

Re: russian experience
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 05:56:13 PM »
RE the coffee can remark..  Magadan is actually using some of the most advanced equipment for long range control of ATC , they employ a system called FANS ( Future Air Navigation System) it works similar to ADS-B in that GPS aircraft positions are uplinked via satellite to ground stations. If I recall correctly United Airlines was involved in providing some of the equipment to Magadan so they could start flying trans-polar routes to the Far East.   I learned about this some time ago when the FAA hosted some training for accident investigations to Russian controllers here in San Diego about 1997 .  Being a student of Russian language at the time, I was responsible for conducting tours of Socal Tracon where I work as a controller.    The tinny sound of the radio , is probably  HF

Offline robyul1

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 04:42:09 AM »
i love the end..."aaaaaaaaaaaah, disregard, disregard"  the pilot knew it was hopeless!!!  lolol

Offline Panop

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »
The sound quality sounds very much like a VHF relay from a remote receiver (or another frequency) which is being retransmitted.  This is usually done so that all traffic being worked by a particular controller can hear all the other traffic clearly and not accidentally step on someone else's transmission if the other station is out of clear reception line of sight (or on another frequency if the controller is working more than one frequency simultaneously). 

This is quite common practice in some locations where a controller may work a very large sector (such as you would likely get in north east Russia) where aircraft in one location may not be able to hear aircraft in another area but the controller is listening via multiple transceiver sites.  I hope that makes sense.

Offline dan9125

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 10:43:26 AM »
Nice clear recording but didnt the russian guy sounded a little stoned. Maybe he was just sleepy.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:54:27 AM by dan9125 »

Offline an124

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 07:21:17 PM »
It's quite clear.I thiks that's the example of talking of non ICAO phraseology(the last pat), let talk accoding 4444, and we unerstand each other :roll: