Author Topic: release dispatch  (Read 10123 times)

Offline busy

release dispatch
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »
Encountered this one recently but can't really make it out what release dispatch is and what kind of initials the crew are looking for.

Thanks.

Offline b757capt

Re: release dispatch
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:08:55 PM »
Once an aircraft is dispatched off the gate, if there is any changes to the paper release the pilot may do a "pen and ink." meening add the new info without printing an entire new release. To accomplish this they need the dispatchers initials and the excact time of the additions.

Offline busy

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 09:27:29 PM »
in this case the initials means the name or just the letters, right?

Offline busy

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »
 I heard several times that while coordinating with the adjacent center controllers say something like "Mike Juliet" or "Alfa Romeo" at the end. Are these the kind of initials we are talikng about? Do all controllers and dispatcheres have to have ones?

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:01:30 PM »
I'm not sure that this is a US airline recording, I'm actually not sure what this is.  But when an amendment must be done to an air carrier's dispatch release (diversion, change of required fuel, alternate, altitude, aircraft, etc), there also must be a note on there of what dispatcher authorized the change (initials) and when the change was made official (time).  Usually such conversation/transmission would be "Comair 321, I'll show LGA as your alternate now, same dispatcher, time 0042z."  Same dispatcher, meaning the same dispatcher's name that is on the release who originally worked up the flight's paperwork.

Offline busy

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:34:04 PM »
cessna157 and b757capt,
thank you a lot for making this clear to me. And by the way the carrier is US but it happens in the Russian airspace.