Air Traffic Monitoring > Aviation Audio Clips

PVD Runway Incursion

<< < (2/4) > >>

deverette:

--- Quote ---I believe ASDE (Airport Surface Detection Equipment) is now in use there but I'm not certain.
--- End quote ---

Yup, it is. Even part of the ATIS. Was "yelled" at by GND while taxing one day  as he wasn't picking up my xpndr (it was on, squawking what it should have been, but for some reason he wasn't picking it up until I was south of the main terminal building). Oh well..

-Dan

hoochiemama78:
Unreal.  If that USAir had taken off that would have been certain death.  I heard 3 distinct times the male UAL pilot say 23R.  Turns out it was 23L?  Shows terrible cockpit management.  There should have been one crewmember on the radio.  That is terrible.

davolijj:
My guess is that the male was the Captain and the female was the FO.  He must have felt the need to assert his "captain's authority" when things got dicey.  I actually thought the FO was doing a nice job of conveying the magnitude of the situation to the controller.  You're right though, props to the USAir pilot.

hoochiemama78:
Unreal.  If that USAir had taken off that would have been certain death.  I heard 3 distinct times the male UAL pilot say 23R.  Turns out it was 23L?  Shows terrible cockpit management.  There should have been one crewmember on the radio.  That is terrible.

PHL Approach:
Jim, actually it sounded like the woman was the Capt. and the man was the FO. You could kinda tell she had more authority in her voice or so, there is another word I want to use. Just cant think of it.

EJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version