airtraffic

Author Topic: BO-SOX  (Read 10182 times)

Offline multiades

BO-SOX
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:55:30 AM »
Incorrect IFR clearance readback from Hanscom (KBED) to Palm Beach International (KPBI) , funny ATC commentary.

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: BO-SOX
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »
Wow, with all those inbound and outbound radials, this has to be one of the more challenging clearance I have heard.   

This clip would be a good candidate for rbrong's IFR clearance copying practice clip collection (ccpcc).  See if the new IFR pilots could get that one right the first time!

Offline davolijj

• MMAC ARSR OKC
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »
This clip would be a good candidate for rbrong's IFR clearance copying practice clip collection (ccpcc)....

Very nice use of a gratuitous acronym PJ.  Nicely done.

Offline multiades

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »
Wow, with all those inbound and outbound radials, this has to be one of the more challenging clearance I have heard.   

This clip would be a good candidate for rbrong's IFR clearance copying practice clip collection (ccpcc).  See if the new IFR pilots could get that one right the first time!

Worth uploading the clip w/ spacing the way it originally happened, or is this good as-is?

Thanks,
-Chris

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »
New IFR pilot here, and I got it the first time, but if he'd gone much faster I doubt I could've kept up with it. Really nice clip!

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 03:02:17 PM »
Worth uploading the clip w/ spacing the way it originally happened, or is this good as-is?

My recommendation, assuming you have a few moments, would be to trim the clip to just the full clearance and leave off the corrections.   Also, if you know how I would also drop the bitrate to 16kbps.  Both of these actions will result in a small file for those on limited bandwidths, but quality won't be affected.

Offline multiades

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 03:28:08 PM »

My recommendation, assuming you have a few moments, would be to trim the clip to just the full clearance and leave off the corrections.   Also, if you know how I would also drop the bitrate to 16kbps.  Both of these actions will result in a small file for those on limited bandwidths, but quality won't be affected.

Agree on the bandwidth, I really hadn't noticed that.

Half of the reason I posted the clip in the first place was for the "intersection BOTOX" bit, so I'd prefer to leave that in there. Think I should chop the correction in-between?