airtraffic

Author Topic: They know what's coming  (Read 10593 times)

OldDomVA

They know what's coming
« on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
Here's a quick exchange between the pilot of a Delta B739 (DAL2256) and the Atlanta Tower controller for runway 26L with regards to the approaching ice storm over the next 24 hours. After the past winter storm just 2 weeks back, pilots and controllers alike aren't looking forward to the chaos. I'm only looking forward to it because I'll be getting out of school.

The exchange is just prior to the handoff to departure near the end of the 50 second recording I trimmed.

Offline tyketto

Re: They know what's coming
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
I'm only looking forward to it because I'll be getting out of school.
In that case, be thankful you live in a region that has no idea what to do with itself when some cold weather comes its way.

Back home in (central/northern) Illinois, we wouldn't have called an ice storm after a few inches of snow some sort of storm of "historic" propotions or an "emergency"... we would have called it "a mild winter, now quit yer whining and get to school/work - you're late!"  :-P

Agreed! Except for one small problem.

Back home in Nebraska, your "back home" in Central Illinois would be eating our leftovers.  :evil:

In other words, unless the temperature is colder than 4F/-15C with a wind chill factoer of -20F, this is just another day to get to work. :)

BL.

Offline falstro

• excu.se
Re: They know what's coming
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 02:58:52 AM »
I'm only looking forward to it because I'll be getting out of school.
In that case, be thankful you live in a region that has no idea what to do with itself when some cold weather comes its way.

Back home in (central/northern) Illinois, we wouldn't have called an ice storm after a few inches of snow some sort of storm of "historic" propotions or an "emergency"... we would have called it "a mild winter, now quit yer whining and get to school/work - you're late!"  :-P

Agreed! Except for one small problem.

Back home in Nebraska, your "back home" in Central Illinois would be eating our leftovers.  :evil:

In other words, unless the temperature is colder than 4F/-15C with a wind chill factoer of -20F, this is just another day to get to work. :)

BL.

You guys should go work for buffalo airways...