airtraffic

Author Topic: Pop up IFR clearance with ATC COMS - Video  (Read 13923 times)

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
Pop up IFR clearance with ATC COMS - Video
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:02:24 PM »
Yesterday's flight. 

Video starts with me picking up a local IFR clearance and ends with me canceling my IFR and doing a circle to land VOR Alpha approach back into Madison MS.  Also included is how I handle a gentle prod to approach controller for a handoff (not very often this happens!)

Both in-flight and outside the window views in this video.

Offline Аэрофлот Jr.

• Facebook
Re: Pop up IFR clearance with ATC COMS - Video
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 02:01:38 PM »
nice flying  :-)

Offline bsmith19

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 02:33:35 PM »
Excellent video, do you plan on making more IFR videos?  I am going to start my instrument training soon and these kind of real world videos are nice to watch.  Thanks for taking the time to make it.

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:29:56 PM »
Excellent video, do you plan on making more IFR videos?  I am going to start my instrument training soon and these kind of real world videos are nice to watch.  Thanks for taking the time to make it.

I have quite a few videos up in actual conditions on my You Tube channel at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BeechSundowner&view=videos or http://www.youtube.com/user/BeechSundowner for the main page. 

The last six aviation related videos on my You Tube channel have ATC coms as I bought a patch cord and a digital audio recorder within the past month to capture the ATC coms so my future videos will now include ATC COMS.  Title of the video will show which one has ATC coms

The recent ones with ATC coms are a no gyro approach, an ASR approach, ILS under visual conditions, this latest one of course in actual conditions.

I have plenty of approaches in actual conditions on my channel prior to this month but no ATC coms.

I have some more types of IFR procedures I want to capture on video such as picking up a "full clearance" rather then a "pop up", GPS approach, "full procedure approaches", holds and such, just waiting for the weather to "cooperate" (I.E IMC) :-D

Thanksgiving week, I hope to capture an IFR XC flight from KMBO to KEKY with ATC coms to include center frequencies and other approach frequencies as I journey across MS and AL.

Tail number is http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1943L for my past flights.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:32:05 PM by beechsundowner »

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
nice flying  :-)

Thanks! 

Definitely a privilege that I don't take for granted!

Every time I flip the master switch on I am learning.  The day that stops is the day I hang up my wings!  :-D