airtraffic

Author Topic: poor spoken english between crew and ATC  (Read 30069 times)

Offline bomford

poor spoken english between crew and ATC
« on: August 29, 2013, 10:29:34 AM »
Hello, I'm a BBC reporter looking for audio examples of poor english, mis-understanding, or miscommunication between commercial airline pilots and ATC. It is for a report on BBC Radio 4. There is one I came across of an Air China flight on the ground at JFK. Any others? Many thanks.

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
Re: poor spoken english between crew and ATC
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »
These two came to mind.

Offline af250xxl

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »
These two came to mind.

What airline were that the tower of the JFK airport was doing shouting at the one? I listen a couple time and can don't understand no as of yet in my listened recording in the LiveATC interesting recording page of this the website. 

Very much thanks I appreciate you.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:00:29 PM by af250xxl »

757-rules

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »
What airline were that the tower of the JFK airport was doing shouting at the one? I listen a couple time and can don't understand no as of yet in my listened recording in the LiveATC interesting recording page of this the website.  

Very much thanks I appreciate you.

That would be GLG, Aerogal, AEROGAL, Ecuador

Offline englishpilot

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »
Wasn't there a good one of a British Airways flight into South America which had to declare an emergency due to low fuel.  The controllers in that one were a joke. 

Offline robc

• Robert Chapin
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 03:41:25 AM »
One of my recent favorites:

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/atcaviation-audio-clips/jal-flt7-at-kbos-fuel-leak-on-taxiway/

Logan Command asks a JAL pilot in emergency "is everyone on board okay?"  Pilot responds by asking him what he means?

Offline 1053857

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »
Wasn't there a good one of a British Airways flight into South America which had to declare an emergency due to low fuel.  The controllers in that one were a joke. 

Yea, there was also a same incident with Air France going to Buenos Aires.

Offline Adventure4ever

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »

Try this:

appauling English by Russian ATC to the extend that I don't want to know what would have happened if the plane had landed with an engine fire.

A Swiss Airbus 319 (tail number: HB-IPT), operating flight LX1311 to Zurich, struck birds while departing St. Petersburg Pulkovo airport in Russia. The multiple bird strike caused vibrations in both engines. The crew declared and emergency and returned to Pulkovo airport for an emergency landing.
The air traffic control recording is from Radioscanner.ru. I edited the air traffic control conversation audio to remove some parts in Russian, and provided the subtitles.
Edited by Daniel Mori (Youtube.com/kenadamsusa)

Offline NEILCM

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »
Seems the Swiss wasnt doing to bad and hard to revert to very simple English to advise and talk to tower. Must be very annoying to deal with that..