Author Topic: Piper PA N600JG Fatal accident October 18 2022  (Read 1598 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

Piper PA N600JG Fatal accident October 18 2022
« on: October 19, 2022, 06:19:11 AM »
http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2022/10/piper-pa-32-300-cherokee-six-n600jg.html#comment-form

(My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.  This one really got to me,
when he says tell my family I love them, and the ATC did his utmost to keep him calm and positive.
my heart aches.)  RIP

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Tennessee (WKRN) — One person died when a small plane crashed in a residential area of Brentwood Tuesday morning.

The plane crashed around 7:30 a.m. off Old Smyrna Road and Banbury Crossing.

Old Smyrna Road will be closed between Jones Parkway and Edmondson Pike for an undetermined amount of time, according to Brentwood police.

Multiple power lines are also down due to the crash, causing power outages throughout the area.

Neighbors reported hearing a boom before their power went out. No sounds of distress were heard prior to the crash.

The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board have been called in to investigate.

The FAA reported the Piper PA-32-300 Cherokee Six with only the pilot aboard.

Brentwood police reported FAA investigators arrived Tuesday morning at the crash site and NTSB investigators will arrive Wednesday.

It is not known where the plane departed or where it was headed.

COMMENT FROM JOSH VIA KATHRYN'S:
JoshW37166Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 2:21:00 PM EDT
This one is so sad. ATC Live (BNA approach 10/18 12:30-1:00 zulu) he reported a rough engine (N600JG) and was communicating with ATC trying to get to BNA. Was flying from Springfield TN to Fayetteville TN. He is a OBGYN that worked as a LOCUM for many area hospitals. My wife, who is a nurse, worked with him very often and said he was such a nice man, always was buying lunch for the team he was working with. Prayers to all affected.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 06:35:49 AM by KB4TEZ »