Author Topic: Narita Approach  (Read 18494 times)

Offline The Hoffspatcher

Narita Approach
« on: July 03, 2006, 11:44:57 AM »
A friend of mine is a controller at NRT/RJAA and sent me this link.  Its 15 minutes of traffic (CTR/APP/TWR) of flight inbound to Narita on a typical afternoon

http://www.dreamlaunchmedia.com/apc_podcasts/Narita_Approach.mp3

Enjoy :)

Offline Tomato

Re: Narita Approach
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 09:44:25 PM »
That's an awesome clip... big accent, but still legible.  What's funny is they sometimes spell (in English) how they talk, replacing "V" with "B."  :)

Offline jbrickell

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 02:49:36 AM »
This is interesting, thanks.

Offline RobSimmons

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 02:37:55 PM »
Hey Ben,

I replied to your post about this in the uva forums. Again, a great find!

I wondered if your friend told you the exact source.  It's a very good find and I listen to it like 5 times a day.  It doesn't seem to be recorded from a scanner... as everything is revolving around one flight, UAL975.  Everytime 975 is handed a freq change, usually the next thing you hear is 975 checkin in with another controller.  I wonder if it's recorded from the flightdeck or perhaps the from the ATC channel that UAL provides as part of the inflight entertainment.

Rob

Offline KTUS

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:15:35 PM »
United pumps the ATC comm into the entertainment system on international flights, so I bet this is from the cabin of a 747.

Last time I flew from Tokyo to Seoul was on United 883 and about 10 minutes after takeoff, the ATC feed went quiet. To make a long story short, the crew had heard a very loud bang at the end of the takeoff roll and did not want to alarm the passengers when they declared an emergency. We landed safely in Seoul with a lot of equipment along the adjacent taxiway. :-o

Offline sjbushido

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:22:01 AM »
A friend of mine is a controller at NRT/RJAA and sent me this link.  Its 15 minutes of traffic (CTR/APP/TWR) of flight inbound to Narita on a typical afternoon

http://www.dreamlaunchmedia.com/apc_podcasts/Narita_Approach.mp3

Enjoy :)

did anyone happen to save the file to their computer? I'd like to here this because the link is not available anymore.

Offline KTUS

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 05:02:45 AM »
Here you go...the original was 9.8MB, so here is a 32kbps version to get under the size limit.

As I mentioned before, I am pretty sure this would have been recorded from the in-flight entertainment system. Unfortunately, every United flight I have taken in Asia over the past year has had the ATC turned off.  :-(  Too bad, that was the main reason I had flown with them. Has anyone else had better luck?

Offline sjbushido

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 09:53:48 PM »
awesome man, thanks a lot.  :-D

Offline The Hoffspatcher

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 07:24:44 AM »
Here you go...the original was 9.8MB, so here is a 32kbps version to get under the size limit.

As I mentioned before, I am pretty sure this would have been recorded from the in-flight entertainment system. Unfortunately, every United flight I have taken in Asia over the past year has had the ATC turned off.  :-(  Too bad, that was the main reason I had flown with them. Has anyone else had better luck?

just ask them to turn it on, works every time.