Author Topic: DC FRZ Intercept  (Read 17226 times)

Offline USFJoseph

DC FRZ Intercept
« on: June 07, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »
From the Potomac ADIZ feed. Starts at approximately 14:00. Also again at approximately 27:20.

Aircraft intercepted was N9706M (http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=9706M)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 03:26:50 PM by USFJoseph »

Offline jcl410

Re: DC FRZ Intercept
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:25 PM »
He is SO busted .... Busted the SFRA, Busted the Class Bravo, Busted the FRZ! The' news reports said he was lost. I find it hard to believe he was only 6 miles from Reagan and didn't recognize any of the buildings in DC?

I wonder why the AF didn't have him land before NC

Offline BLS2001

Re: DC FRZ Intercept
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 11:35:48 AM »
Interesting. I listened to all 30 minutes. Now I think the AF was broadcasting on 121.5 here. We he may or may not be listening.
Now this is 100% pilot error. No doubt a out that. I'm just wondering why didn't Potomac control let him know also or earlier that he had cross every boundary there was. It should have came up on their screen that at least there was an uncleared plane in the Bravo. Pilots fault but I didn't hear anyone giving him at least a warning.
At my class d that is below a shelf of the B they usually warn pilots that transition through D or are About to transition through D or that they believe will cross the Class B.
Anyone have an opinion on this?