airtraffic

Author Topic: mocha clearance part 2  (Read 34683 times)

Offline msk1172

mocha clearance part 2
« on: August 31, 2005, 09:48:22 PM »
Not a "greatest hits" clip by any means.. just put together what i heard earlier today.  He's still the best.

Enjoy!

Mike

Offline Kimbers

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 10:56:38 PM »
Nice one Mike. Haven't heard John for a couple of days now....was getting withdrawl symptoms.....kept on screaming MOCHA HaGoDTI to the drummer in my band!!! :D  Hope to fly into your airspace soon my friend.

Take It Easy,

Kimbers.
BAW583

Offline msk1172

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 11:12:15 PM »
That's you BAW583??? Good to finally see you on here!  Excellent clip you posted earlier.  

See you on VATSIM soon my friend.  

Mike

Offline b773

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 09:31:45 PM »
Have to ask, what's MOCHA HaGoDTI?

Mike Catalfamo

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 09:54:34 PM »
Have to ask, what's MOCHA HaGoDTI?

Cape Air's motto: Making Our Customers Happy And Having A Good Time Doing It

Offline bschott

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 06:31:52 AM »
ok...so does anyone have an approx time for people to listen to the Boston Ground/Delivery feed to catch John?  I am really interested to hear him live but I am getting frustrated on never finding him on.

Anyone have his schedual?

Offline digger

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 07:58:02 AM »
That's probably impossible to determine. For most controllers at most facilities, shifts change from week to week, and regular days off change every several weeks. In addition to that, they're all certified to work each position, for example, clearance delivery, ground, or one of several local control positions. Where they plug in could be determined by something as simple as who else is due for a break. It's also possible that a controller could be in the tower and never make a transmission, if they were working data, or acting as a trainer to someone else.

The good news is that at BOS, they work either upstairs or downstairs, and don't switch back and forth between Tower and Tracon. If you hear John, it'll be on a tower frequency.

Keep trying and good luck!

Offline msk1172

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 12:33:38 PM »
Actually there is no more 'downstairs' at BOS.  They built a totally new facility in New Hampshire combining Boston Approach and Manchester Apporach (now called Boston Approach) and deemed it the 'Boston Consolidated TRACON'.  It's brand new and an absolutely gorgeous facility.  Thanks PE!  

Mike

Offline digger

mocha clearance part 2
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 03:35:06 AM »
I'm sure that somewhere, in the back of my mind, I had that information...