Author Topic: Medical Evac aircraft (XA-USD) crash - KFLL audio?  (Read 12832 times)

Offline n0qxw

Medical Evac aircraft (XA-USD) crash - KFLL audio?
« on: November 20, 2013, 10:18:59 AM »
Apparently an aircraft registered to a Medical repatriation company went down shortly after takeoff at KFLL last night.  And, of course, the KFLL feed had been down for 24 hours and didn't capture this.  Anyone else grab it?

My condolences to the families of the airmen lost, and the entire medical community.  I have a friend who flies for a similar firm out of Tampa, so this one hit a little close to home.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/XAUSD/history/20131108/1130Z/KHOU/MMCZ
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/19/3765558/coast-guard-says-small-private.html

Offline RonR

Re: Medical Evac aircraft (XA-USD) crash - KFLL audio?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »
The aircraft had actually checked in with Miami departure before the Mayday was called.  That feed was up.  Here's the audio.  It's a short clip, only about three minutes.  Chilling if you ask me...it was hard to understand some of the audio from the pilot...

Ron

Offline englishpilot

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:58:10 PM »
God bless them.

Offline jco613

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »
Sounds like they did everything they could. RIP

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »
Must have been a double engine failure since that aircraft can easily be flown on one with little adverse yaw. I also note his last couple minutes at low altitude were at around best climb/glide airspeed, whereas if he still had a blower running he would have doubtless built up his energy reserves. Given the direction of travel at impact he probably ditched into a swell and that was it. There, but for the Grace of God...