airtraffic

Author Topic: Lufthansa 424 go around - KBOS 2015-03-06  (Read 8112 times)

Offline dbperry

Lufthansa 424 go around - KBOS 2015-03-06
« on: March 07, 2015, 01:04:26 AM »
Long time lurker; first time poster! Was fun editing my first audio file!

Lufthansa 424 executed a go around at Boston Logan on Friday 3/6/15 (about 1825 local) due to too much tailwind. I got tipped off to it by the great photo of it posted to twitter by the superb Mark Garfinkel (https://twitter.com/pictureboston). Picture attached with permission - I figured a great picture of a go around deserves the matching audio!

My audio is from KBOS tower. Not very exciting, but neat to match with photo. Audio starts with check-in...all silence and other comms edited out until they declare go around. Once go around declared, no edits to audio until after taxi instructions to Speedbird 203 Heavy. From there to the end, I removed a bunch of taxi instructions to other aircraft, dead air, and everything unrelated to our aircraft of interest: LH 424 and AA 1355. American 1355 apparently decides to change runways, and we hear instructions for them to change freq. Then we hear an apparent read back from them (probably on wrong freq, cause tower tells them to change freq again).

Enjoy and let me know how I did on my first edit / post! Constructive criticism welcome!

Dave

Offline microvibe

Re: Lufthansa 424 go around - KBOS 2015-03-06
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »
good job!