Author Topic: Lookin for help here!!!  (Read 10989 times)

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

Lookin for help here!!!
« on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:52 AM »
Awhile ago, someone posted a link to a page with a ton of comedic ATC transmissions on it.  I'm not totally sure if it was in this forum or the other "pilot/controller" forum, but if anyone has any idea on what im talkin bout or has any idea where to find it, please point me in the right direction!!!

Thanks!!!

-NAplaya

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Lookin for help here!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »
Perhaps this is what you are looking for:
http://www.liveatc.net/recordings.php

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 12:59:48 PM »
umm thats not quite it.  the one im lookin for is one that has all the transmissions written out.  it has ones from all over like europe and asia, etc etc

while on the subject though, ill mention one that i remember the most from that page was.

here's the background...takes place somewhere in germany, with a lufthansa pilot callin to clearance delivery to get his clearance.

Pilot: (speakin in german)   "(....) clearance delivery, this is lufthansa ...., lookin to pick up my clearance to (somewhere)"

Controller: (in english) "Lufthansa ...., (....) clearance delivery, if you want your clearance, please transmit in english."

Pilot: (In english) "Sir, i am a german person, operating a german airline, in the country of germany!  why do i have to speak english???"

(A british airways pilot who was on frequency and hearin all of this, chimes in...)

BA Pilot:  "Because you lost the war!!!!"

Classic!!!

Offline Pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 04:20:14 PM »
i know what you're talking about, I often see it in chain e-mails or posted every few months on forums like this. It will surface again, or a fair bit of googleing may help you.

That said, I'm under the impression most if not all of the "quotes" are made up, overly exaggerated or otherwise faked.

Offline mrhahn

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 07:35:46 PM »
Do you mean this thread?

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 04:12:31 PM »
Pilot,

Ya some of these transmissions that i read may have been made up, i dont really know if they actually happened or not, but either way, when i read 'em, i laugh my butt off!!!  so if some of these stories are actually made up, props to the people who made them up and made me laugh! 

MR,

thats not it, but i liked that one alot and enjoyed seein those!   Thank you!

-NAplaya

Offline ect76

• EGPH
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 12:29:56 AM »
I know exactly the one you're looking for and I can't seem to come across it either. In the meantime, there's a few light-but-entirely-made-up chuckles on this page.
http://www.aviation-humor.com/cms/view.php?id=76

If I do find the other I'll post it up!

Offline w0x0f

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 03:29:55 PM »

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 11:51:49 PM »
w0x0,

thats it!!!   thank u so much!   appreciate it!

-NAplaya