airtraffic

Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard this flight service to Philadelphia!  (Read 14738 times)

Offline flaps

Always check and double check before using the public address, otherwise, even me here in Paris (France) I can catch the welcome message! :-)))

(My file's been edited of course. This happened yesterday on Boston delivery at 1500z, 15 minutes past the hour.)

Enjoy and fly safe!
flaps

Offline N243NW

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome aboard this flight service to Philadelphia!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »
Ha, this is hilarious!  I love how the other guy had the cleverness to say "hey Steve, thanks!"

Glad you found this. :-)

Offline mrhahn

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:08:55 AM »
Funny stuff, thanks  :-D

Offline klkm

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 01:50:26 PM »
It always surprises me how many times pilots do this, from broadcasting on guard by mistake, to not switching freqs, to doing cabin announcements on the freq, is it that easy to do?  I have really no idea how their comm systems work, I always say something like "you forgot to flip the switch" and they move on to the next freq. 

As for us controllers we sometimes get mixed up with our override on the landlines, as you have to key up if you call a sector, but you don't have to key up if you get called.  The confusion usually for me sets in when I called someone then get called and hang up but still key up or if one of the ring lines calls, as either side can hang up and then you can be keying up to keep talking but the other side hung up and now you are hot on the freq.  Always a big doh! when the flight you are talking about calls asking if you were talking to them, when you were just coordinating something about their flight. 

Offline dylanh

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 03:23:54 AM »
Guilty.  :oops:

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
This is great! I think there was a clip a while back with a pilot who did the same thing at KBOS.