airtraffic

Author Topic: KBED - Two incidents within minutes - July 13, 2009  (Read 13320 times)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
KBED - Two incidents within minutes - July 13, 2009
« on: July 14, 2009, 12:58:30 AM »
A Maule has a gear collapse about 2:50 into this recording - then a helicopter doing hover practice goes down at the 8:00 mark.  A busy day for Hanscom - notice how smoothly they handle  a runway change to Runway 23 when the Maule has the gear collapse on Runway 29.

Glad everyone ended up being OK.  Awesome job by the ATC and emergency crews at Hansom.

Fox News coverage:
http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/071309_2_planes_crash_minutes_apart
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:00:10 AM by dave »

Offline Fuschimuschi

Re: KBED - Two incidents within minutes - July 13, 2009
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 02:34:26 PM »
Thanks for uploading.
Busy day.

Offline aviator_06

• FSFlightSchool.com - Student Pilot Resources | Aviation Videos
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 10:56:11 AM »
I'm sure the controller was ready for a smoke break....even if he didn't smkoke. lol Had some trouble hearing some of the tranmissions. Audio was very low.

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 11:33:05 PM »
Heh heh, when the mic wasn't keyed, I'm sure the controller said "Oh you've gotta be freakin kidding me!"

I remember a busy day working in the tower, we had an aircraft depart and immediately returned due to smoke in the cabin, ARFF called out obviously.

Then, about an hour later, the ATCT tower cab had a small fire in the equipment room, which the airport fire dept went to go help with.  Then, while that was going on, we had an inbound RJ with a flaps fail declaring an emergency.  Then, just as that RJ was rolling down the runway, there was another emergency return due to smoke in the cabin immediately after takeoff.  4 emergencies within an hour, with 3 at the same time.  Busy day...