Author Topic: JFK Tower  (Read 16411 times)

Offline Mark M

JFK Tower
« on: December 29, 2006, 08:23:41 AM »
Been listening to JFK tower for the last couple of nights (Sydney Time) and can't hear the aircraft communicating with the tower, only the controller. Does any know why this is the case ? It was working fine several days ago.

Cheers

Offline Acey

Re: JFK Tower
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 01:30:20 PM »
Noticed that too, the tower's coming in clear as glass but can't hear any aircraft.

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »
This has been happening with more frequently on the ground feed also...
Before it would happen once or twice an hour, but last night whilst listening at around 12AM GMT every 5th or so aircraft was silent.

Offline Mark M

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:14:21 PM »
Was listening again yesterday morning (Sydney time) so early evening NY, it appears that its the approach aircraft that you can't hear anymore. Departures seem to be ok, the tower controller was talking to a KLM,which had just landed, about flying into I think Curacao in a 747 but you could only hear the tower and not the pilot.

It would be great if it can be fixed because JFK tower is in my opinion the number 1 feed on here and makes great listening.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 08:57:10 AM »
We think part of the issue has been the combining of frequencies - I am in touch with the feeder trying to determine whether the Tower scanner is missing a frequency in the scan.  I know it has been stuck on 125.25 a lot (heli traffic freq).  We're doing our best to resolve it - difficult to fix remotely.

Hang in there...we'll get it resolved.

Dave

P.S. I don't really notice this on Clearance/Ground.

Offline sunburn

• flickr.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 01:18:54 PM »
P.S. I don't really notice this on Clearance/Ground.

it doesn't really happen all that much... but it happened again last night, around 2-3AM GMT with one or two aircraft an hour. it's no biggie, i just noticed it that's all.

Offline Mark M

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:23:43 AM »
Dave,

It appears all is back to normal today.
Thanks for all your help.

Mark