airtraffic

Author Topic: ILS 5 approach into KEKY 1000 foot ceilings w/ATC COMS - video  (Read 17492 times)

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
ILS 5 approach into KEKY 1000 foot ceilings w/ATC COMS - video
« on: January 01, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1943L/history/20091231/1810Z/KMBO/KEKY

1.4 hour flight taking my sisters dog back to Alabama compressed into 8 minutes.  Video picks up with me picking up my IFR clearance at KMBO and canceling my IFR via GCO at KEKY - Bessemer AL

Enroute portion put to music as I had another pilot come along for the ride and we talked too much for me to extract enroute ATC communications:-) therefore only Jackson CD, approach, Birmingham approach and CD in this video.

Approach plate overlays in video for situational awareness for the ILS approach. I had about a 20 to 30 degree WCA on breaking out  Quartering tail wind landing is noticeable on short final.

Offline bjen9337

Re: ILS 5 approach into KEKY 1000 foot ceilings w/ATC COMS - video
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »
Ummm..... sounds like the dog got first class treatment. Did you make your sister walk home?   :roll:

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
Re: ILS 5 approach into KEKY 1000 foot ceilings w/ATC COMS - video
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 10:52:33 AM »
Ummm..... sounds like the dog got first class treatment. Did you make your sister walk home?   :roll:

My sister much rather walk home  :-D then get in any plane much less my plane! 

Actually reason I took the dog is that we felt that a 1 1/2 hour flight was better for Koko then a 6 hour drive to SC where she was to spend some time with her inlaws (dog will be 15 years old this year). 

I have a 20 second video of her (the dog, not my sister walking home) on my You Tube channel (no ATC COMS) and you can see she is clearly enjoying the flight.  This was her 5th flight.