airtraffic

Author Topic: KMSN landing gear emergency  (Read 14524 times)

Offline MSN ATC

KMSN landing gear emergency
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »
Heard this one Saturday, March 14, 2009, a Northwest regional jet with landing gear problems. Aircraft landed uneventfully but always interesting to hear the emergency call and troubleshooting.

Offline cessna157

• facebook
Re: KMSN landing gear emergency
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:11:45 PM »
Was it windy/bumpy?  Without getting into system details, sometime turbulence will cause a nose gear disagree to protect the aircraft.

Offline MSN ATC

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 08:20:20 PM »
Was it windy/bumpy?  Without getting into system details, sometime turbulence will cause a nose gear disagree to protect the aircraft.

Actually it was fairly calm. They were launching VFR aircraft on three different runways at the time of the recording. Not sure what it was doing at approach altitude though.

Offline beechsundowner

• Flights
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 08:26:08 PM »
Heard this one Saturday, March 14, 2009, a Northwest regional jet with landing gear problems. Aircraft landed uneventfully but always interesting to hear the emergency call and troubleshooting.

Always amazes me at the calmness.  I wonder what the passengers thought on a "go around"??

Offline mhawke

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »

Always amazes me at the calmness.  I wonder what the passengers thought on a "go around"??

Ussually doesn't bother me, as long as the plane starts gaining altitude after I hear the engines wind up.