Author Topic: From various Australian feeds  (Read 3096 times)

Offline GeoffSM1

From various Australian feeds
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:17:02 AM »
Miscellaneous and unrelated items.

Re the last item (pilot reporting hearing a beacon on the local Guard frequency) what action would have been taken. I was unable to find any further transmissions making any reference to the report.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:42:10 PM by GeoffSM1 »

Offline kitsaber691

Re: From various Australian feeds
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »

Re the last item (pilot reporting hearing a beacon on the local Guard frequency) what action would have been taken. I was unable to find any further transmissions making any reference to the report.

Are they referring to a rescue beacon? What feed was that from? Even if there's no audio, there still might be an online news article if it was an actual distress call.

Offline GeoffSM1

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:51:27 AM »

Are they referring to a rescue beacon? What feed was that from? Even if there's no audio, there still might be an online news article if it was an actual distress call.

This is the extract from the original archive file.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:54:15 AM by GeoffSM1 »

Offline martyj19

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
They are reporting hearing an emergency locator transmitter (ELT) broadcasting on the guard frequency.  This is standard procedure to advise so that if someone had been reported missing it would help locate where.  Sometimes ELTs are set off unnoticed by a hard landing or some such and there will not be a response.

I found a clip of what it sounds like: 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:08:01 PM by martyj19 »

Offline GeoffSM1

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 07:59:25 AM »
 Many thanks for an interesting contribution Marty.

Offline manuelmobi

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 10:08:44 AM »
Yess!! Thank you very much for your contribution, i really learn a lot of things  :lol: :lol: