Author Topic: I ought'a get paid extra for this...  (Read 10905 times)

Offline InterpreDemon

I ought'a get paid extra for this...
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:38:41 PM »
On 07-17-2012 at around 18:16Z a couple commercial pilots on guard channel (121.5) somewhere over the Mid-Atlantic states try to herd a lost sheep, "Bravo Golf" attempting to get to back to the manger at Bay Bridge airport (W29)... alive.

Recorded from Stamford, CT

Offline InterpreDemon

Re: I ought'a get paid extra for this...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:03:01 PM »
Actually, in looking at the flight track for AC-712, that lost lamb must have been somewhere up over the Catskills or something... wonder if he ever made it down to Baltimore? Maybe somebody can dig up the archives and find "Bravo Golf" somewhere on a track down because that should be really interesting, likely comedic listening.

I don't have time, but I would start with Potomac APP on 124.55, though I can't imagine how he could have been in that dense area and only get a response on guard channel from an airliner hundreds of miles to the north.

Offline rpd

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 09:31:37 AM »
Sounded to me like  the lost guy was at Kent Island.  That is very close to W29.

Offline InterpreDemon

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
Kent Island essentially IS W29, on the east side of the Bay Bridge, but the AirCan pilot he was talking to first was up over the Catskills at the time, and I don't know where the second airliner was. It just seems strange to me that Bravo Golf would not have been able to raise ATC or the zillions of New York and Philly arrivals passing overhead on Guard channel if he really was down east of Baltimore.

I think he probably fell asleep while on auto-pilot and woke up realizing he and Toto were not in Kansas anymore.