airtraffic

Author Topic: KIAD strong winds landing; pilot not realizing he's on radio while cursing  (Read 11583 times)

Offline Fragbert

There were severe winds overnight at Dulles and I happened to catch this outburst as flights headed for runway 1R were being diverted to runway 30. "Woah you f##ker! You feel that?" "F##K!!" After a moment I guess the pilot realizes this was all captured on radio and says "sorry". Lol.

Not exactly sure if this was UA653 or not, the naughty language was captured at approximately 1:42AM EST 4/3/2016

I imagine much worse was said off-radio in many cockpits that night - super windy!

Offline Comfirm31L

Well hopefully posting this doesn't get them in trouble.

Offline Fragbert

A chance to get this information from anywhere?

Not sure of your question?

Offline martyj19

I think anyone who has flown any length of time has had a stuck mic, and people including myself have said things on the frequency that shouldn't be said.  If you apologize immediately and it's inadvertent rather than hostility directed at the controller, there should be no reason anyone would give it a second thought or get anyone in trouble for it.

Offline neurotech

Making rude comments about the controller would be a lot worse for the pilot.

This guy got the famous "We have a phone number for you..." response, after being contacted on guard.

Offline PHXCONXrunner

At 57 seconds you can hear the other pilot in the background telling him "You're on the radio  .... take your finger off the radio!"

Offline VASAviation

• REAL ATC Transcripted Videos
Hey, any guess about what he says in the very beginning? :?