airtraffic

Author Topic: Don't Fly Over My Mother-in-law's House  (Read 14358 times)

Offline w0x0f

Don't Fly Over My Mother-in-law's House
« on: September 13, 2007, 08:54:12 PM »

Enjoy,

w0x0f

Offline cessna157

• facebook
Re: Don't Fly Over My Mother-in-law's House
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »
Haha.  As the great Borat once said:  "Very niiice"

I've actually had the same thing happen to me.  Tower said they'd call the turn....they called it late....departure yelled at me

Offline lostmoon

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »
hahah LOL. I like that guy.

Offline Tyler Aird

• My fav. type of aircraft in FSX.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:45:12 AM »
I thought it was a more stupid funny.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 02:17:42 AM »
That was quite funny, it reminds me of all the conversations here. Everyone says G'Day I just can't get over that, I though ATCs would need to be the sort of people that would work under very strict conditions and try to keep the airwaves as clear as possible at all times  :?

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 12:12:22 PM »
Someone should tell him to be careful calling controllers "bloaks".  He's just asking for a go-around or some holding instructions   :-D

Offline Lezam

• KJFK Stream Feeder
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 11:40:44 AM »
Its somewhat true though, the people around the JFK area complain about the noise quite frequently. There have been petitions and so forth, a whole concorde thing a while back as well. Its like, if you dont want to hear the airplanes dont live there? haha

After a while you get used to it though  :-D

Offline BWilliams

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
Its somewhat true though, the people around the JFK area complain about the noise quite frequently. There have been petitions and so forth, a whole concorde thing a while back as well. Its like, if you dont want to hear the airplanes dont live there? haha

After a while you get used to it though  :-D

Maybe it's more nerve-racking at a major airport, but planes flying final into BUF RWY 05  pass within like a half-mile of my front window, and it's really not that bad. 

It's actually kinda nice since I can turn on the BUF feed on my laptop and spot without leaving my house.

Offline MathFox

• The Flying Fox
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 06:42:48 AM »
Maybe it's more nerve-racking at a major airport, but planes flying final into BUF RWY 05  pass within like a half-mile of my front window, and it's really not that bad. 

It's actually kinda nice since I can turn on the BUF feed on my laptop and spot without leaving my house.

There are two aspects to noise, one are the actual physical characteristics of the noise and the second one is in the perception of the listener.
I recall one event where aircraft noise seriously interfered: a symposium in a hangar (bad acoustics for speech anyway) with planes taking off every 3 minutes from the nearby end of the nearest runway (500 meters or such), interrupting the talks for 10 seconds at a time.

Some people complain when they merely hear a plane in their silent home...

Offline mkreilein

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 10:08:36 PM »
Its somewhat true though, the people around the JFK area complain about the noise quite frequently.

Whiners.

They chose to live in a city of 10 MILLION people with 3 MAJOR airports.  If you don't want airport noise, move out of Manhattan, NY and move to Manhattan, Kansas.