Author Topic: DAL2611 Emergency  (Read 14585 times)

Online RonR

DAL2611 Emergency
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:47:53 AM »

A Delta flight landing 22L at KJFK goes around after experiencing hydraulic problems on short final.  The flight declares an emergency and returns a short time later landing safely on runaway 13R.  Audio attached...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2611/history/20160116/0055Z/KMSY/KJFK

Offline flyflyfly

Re: DAL2611 Emergency
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:28:52 PM »
DAL2211: We'll be stopping on the runway, sir.
TWR: That's fine, we've got a big runway to stop on.
:lol:

Interestingly enough, they first reported an hydraulic issue after the go around and requested vectors for another approach. Then they requested a delay due to an issue with extending the landing gear.
When experiencing hydraulic issues, it's not wise to retract an extended and perfectly locked landing gear during a go-around. So, I guess (hope) the gear issue was already there on their first approach...

Online RonR

Re:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 12:50:06 PM »
If they had a gear issue on the first approach, it didn't appear as though they told anyone about it.  The first approach sounded quite routine to me.  It looks as if the hydraulic issue presented itself when they lowered the gear.  When she said "we'll be back with you in a sec" I think she meant that she would get back to them with more information; I don't think they were looking to come back right away at first and land on the "big runway" :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk