airtraffic

Author Topic: Obama's Marine Choppers Arriving at KLAX 3-19-10  (Read 11860 times)

Offline speedotann

Obama's Marine Choppers Arriving at KLAX 3-19-10
« on: April 20, 2010, 06:43:44 PM »
Obama's Helicopters at KLAX. I am not sure of this situation. I think he is arriving back to KLAX from that Expensive $17,500 a plate dinner to endorse Barbara Boxer. Lets not get into the Politics please! Any more info, please share!

B

Offline evilcuban

Re: Obama's Marine Choppers Arriving at KLAX 3-19-10
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:44:46 PM »
I liked the little "nice to see a marine corp battle hawk on the premises for ya, semper fi" and "hoorah" touches at the end

Offline speedotann

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
I liked the little "nice to see a marine corp battle hawk on the premises for ya, semper fi" and "hoorah" touches at the end

Thats what caught my attention when I originally heard it live..... I knew the Marine Corps guys would love it

Offline Pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »
Obama's Helicopters at KLAX. I am not sure of this situation. I think he is arriving back to KLAX from that Expensive $17,500 a plate dinner to endorse Barbara Boxer. Lets not get into the Politics please! Any more info, please share!

B
Then why did you bring up a dollar amount and name names? It is like saying "No offense, but your mother was a whore."

None-the-less, interesting recording.

Offline speedotann

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:01:11 PM »

B
Then why did you bring up a dollar amount and name names? It is like saying "No offense, but your mother was a whore."

I am missing your point... I saw that on the news... They said that's why Obama was in LA.. then I happened to hear what I posted... He was supporting a colleague that is campaigning...   

Offline rekno13

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »

B

I am missing your point... I saw that on the news... They said that's why Obama was in LA.. then I happened to hear what I posted... He was supporting a colleague that is campaigning...  
I think his point is, if you were to make it apolitical, you could have said "Obama's helicopters landing at LAX" and just left it at that, or not say anything that limits the conversation. Mentioning the dollar amount and politician's name in the context of an endorsement can be considered a political jab. Like "oh, look how much the president is helping someone in his party by appearing" etc. It is just rather easy to misread what you wrote, but I see how you were providing context for his appearing at LAX. Thanks for the post!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:59:54 PM by rekno13 »

Offline speedotann

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »
No harm intended.... Just explaining what I knew about the situation.... I want to know if he was actually in one of the helicopters...

Offline rekno13

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »
Seriously. I don't know why, but I get a kick out of listening to a routine landing simply because the president is on it.

Offline speedotann

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »
I still do not get it.. Where the choppers marine 1 and 2 or other wirly birds? If not, how do they secure another chopper to the standards for transporting the president. Anyone know?

Offline ARMEDnPISSED

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
Where was Air Force One? Unless they flew those choppers into a nearby airport?

Offline cstefano

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »
I still do not get it.. Where the choppers marine 1 and 2 or other wirly birds? If not, how do they secure another chopper to the standards for transporting the president. Anyone know?

There are a number of identical Marine helicopters, any of which can serve as Marine 1 or 2 depending on who happens to be on board.  They're based in Quantico, VA but shipped around to wherever they need to be.

Offline speedotann

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »

There are a number of identical Marine helicopters, any of which can serve as Marine 1 or 2 depending on who happens to be on board.  They're based in Quantico, VA but shipped around to wherever they need to be.

Thanks! Makes sense seeing they can ship around tanker trucks fuel of Safe jet fuel for his trips...